“Great food great service”

Brasserie Blanc Threadneedle Street
Ranked #2,436 of 24,547 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$53
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Our first City Brasserie, Threadneedle Street is a firm favourite in the area, with a bustling bar, friendly professional service, great French food, and an open kitchen adding a little theatre. All food is prepared from scratch by our skilled chefs, using the best possible ingredients, so you can order with confidence from our seasonal a la carte menu and our ever changing specials boards.For meetings or special events, our mezzanine level with booth seating is perfect, and can be booked for exclusive use.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a wonderful dinner here with wife and daughter. All three meals were superior meals. Perfectly cooked and nicely presented. The cod with squid ink risotto was great! Service was excellent, attentive and not pushy. Will be back.
!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Location: well located in a busy part of town

Food: great. I enjoyed my Lamb Tangine!

Prices: seemed appropriate to modest.

Defn recommend!

1  Thank AntoSavarirajan
Reviewed 2 May 2018

The wife and I are big fans of Brasserie blanc and visit the Oxford restaurant quite often, as well as others when we are out and about.. We were in London for a conference and decided to visit here and we were not disappointed. The restaurant itself is really nicely decorated, in a subtle kind of way.

The food was on a par with any other BB we have been too, me being me had to have the snails and cheese soufflé to start which were both delicious. My wife had the chicken liver parfait which was also very tasty indeed. We both then went for the Duck Confit with Black Cherry Sauce, this was the star of the show. It was one of those dishes which I just did not want to finish, I could have eaten it all afternoon!! This dish comes with the most tasty Dauphinoise potato, carrots and French beans and at £17.95 is absolutely fantastic value for money.

I even went for a pudding which is unlike me, I had the Creme Brûlée which was awesome and lasted about 10 seconds, I must admit I did pig it down!!

As for the wine we went for a bottle of Bordeaux (Organic) Château du Seuil, which was £36. I did have another cheeky glass of Malbec Salentein, Valle de Uco which was £12.10. And to finish I ordered a double espresso.

In total the bill came to £125 + service charge, which for a restaurant in the City of London is, I feel, amazing value!!

What I love about the BB restaurants is the consistency, no matter which one you visit you know you are in for a lovely meal. Service here at Threadneedle was outstanding from start to finish and well worth the service charge.

1  Thank Matt T
Reviewed 17 April 2018

An excellent and fairly reasonably priced brasserie in an expensive part of the city. The cheese soufflé was a surprise because it was produced so quickly. Very tasty flavour. The Boef Strogonoff was exactly as the book says without any special character, but very smooth cream sauce. Service was fine and friendly. We'll go back there.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my visit here. I had moules in saffron sauce to start, which were delicious and then chicken with sweet potato for main, which was also very tasty and well cooked. The food isn’t overly fancy, just very solid brasserie fayre. Staff friendly and efficient too. Excellent

1  Thank abafcb1969