The Savoy
Expedia
  • Fitness centre
US$261
  • Restaurant
The Montcalm London Marble Arch(London)
  • Pool
69TheGrove(London)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
5,214 results
All reviewsamerican barbeaufort barthames foyerafternoon teabutler serviceiconic hotelriver viewmemorable staycocktail barjunior suitecovent gardenbirthday treatturn down servicethe ritzbeautiful roomlondon eyewest end
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

In my opinion one of the best luxury hotels in London.
Superb restaurants in the hotel and chocolate shop is every child will love!
You must try Kaspar's seafood restaurant, My child was lucky to be invited to see how chef prepares deserts and was very happy little bunny.
Very personal check in service, welcoming staff. We stay once a year and door man still does recognize us from previous visits.

Room Tip: Best Rooms & Suites overlooking river
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sterling888
PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at The Savoy at The Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Sterling888,

Thank you for your five star review. We appreciate our guests taking the time to leave us feedback, and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and everything exceeded your expectations.

We really do aim to deliver the very best of experiences to all of our guests, and I am delighted that you speak so highly of my colleagues who take such pride in the high levels of personalised service they deliver.

I am so pleased the whole family had a wonderful and memorable experience in Kaspar's and I will have great pleasure in sharing your comments with my colleagues.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Savoy very soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel is great but the breakfast service once again is very very poor. not fitting for a luxury five star hotel. They really must sort this out, its been bad since December 2017
i have mention it to the hotel before

Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
1  Thank Jaz J

Dear Jaz J,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your recent stay at The Savoy. I was pleased to learn that in general you enjoyed your stay, although I do apologise that the breakfast service fell below your expectations.

We do value feedback from our customers as it is the only way we can truly improve our offering, and I have asked my colleagues to reach out to you personally so we can discuss the matter in more detail, and assure your concerns are addressed properly.

We do hope you will return to The Savoy in the future, in order that we can deliver to you a truly memorable Savoy experience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a very pleasant four night stay at the Savoy and our room had a truly wonderful view of the river.
The service was faultless, food excellent and our Junior Suite very comfortable.
Personally, I think this is the best Hotel in London.

Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Dear robertR8669LW,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review. I am so glad that you enjoyed a wonderful stay at The Savoy, and it scored so highly on all accounts, including our enviable central London location with truly the best views across the Thames.

I am thrilled you enjoyed the high level of personalised service my colleagues take such pride in delivering to our guests, and I will have pleasure in sharing your feedback with them. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for our 10th wedding anniversary. At reception we were greeted by a very personal check-in experience and were initially told that our room wasn’t ready, despite our understanding that it should be ready from 12pm. After we suggested that, we were informed that, indeed, a room was available after all. The room itself was quite small (probably our fault for choosing one of the “entry level” rooms, I use quotation marks as we still spent more than £550 on the room alone) and immediately above the hotel entrance, despite the massive bathroom it definitely didn’t feel luxurious. After settling in we were greeted by a lovely surprise: a slice of cake to help us celebrate our anniversary and some biscuits celebrating the Royal Wedding. Unfortunately, it seemed like the biscuit box was taken from someone else’s room as the “Harry” biscuit had been eaten and the larger heart shaped biscuit had been partially eaten. We complained and were sent another box, but for a hotel of this standing and the price we paid we expected much more. That evening, after we got back from a show at around 23:30 we tried to go for a drink at the bar, only to be told that it closed at 23:00 but that there might be another bar open within the hotel. We went over to the other side where some live music was being played and were told that the bar was full, and that it was also closing (the young lady who was hosting unfortunately forgot to mention that there was a separate bar just around the corner, and within earshot of the live music, that stayed open until 1am). We spoke to the porters and tried our luck with another local hotel bar with a rooftop, only to be told that it was only open for guests. We therefore trooped back to the Savoy, thoroughly disheartened and a little upset, but upon telling the porters that the other hotel bar wouldn’t let us in, one of them took it upon himself to march us past the young lady who had told us that the bar wasn’t open to the one around the corner that was indeed open. So top marks to the porter but a pretty poor experience from The Savoy that we needed his help.
Therefore, overall, our stay at The Savoy wasn’t worth the money and we would not be able to recommend it to others, especially those that are looking for an unforgettable experience to help them celebrate a special event.

2  Thank Henning S

Dear Henning S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Savoy. We truly appreciate our guests leaving feedback, as it is the only way we can improve our services. We are so sorry to hear that not everything ran smoothly for you during your stay and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for any disappointment that was caused.

We do endeavour not to keep our guests waiting on arrival, as we understand that they may be tired from their journey and wish to relax and settle in as quickly as possible. We are, however, unable to guarantee an early check in, prior to 3pm - a noon checkin time is upon availability only. The situation with the biscuits is a mystery, but we can assure you that we are trying to get to the bottom of it as clearly there was a mistake made and we are sorry that they were not checked thoroughly before delivery to you. For the sequence of events that took place in the evening, I can only offer you once again my apologies for not ensuring in the first instance that as a resident of the hotel we did not take better care you both on this occasion.

We would really like to understand a little more about your experience and I have asked the team to reach out to you by email. Thank you in advance for sharing the details more fully of your experience. We feel sure that we can create some true magical Savoy hospitality on your next visit, so we can to send you home with some happy Savoy memories.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed over the May bank holday and had an incredible time. The hotel is simply stunning and the staff/service even better. The location is superb. The rooms and big without being huge and we had a stunning view of the London Eye and river Thames. I would recommend a drink at the American Bar if you like people watching.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at The Savoy at The Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear jamiewaterhouse,

We really do aim to deliver the very best of experiences to all of our guests, and I am delighted that you speak so highly of my colleagues who take such pride in the high levels of personalised service they deliver, as well as your room, our enviable central London location and the iconic American Bar.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Savoy very soon.