“My favourite London museum”

V&A - Victoria and Albert Museum
Ranked #5 of 1,854 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The world's greatest museum of art and design.The V&A's collections are unrivalled in their diversity. Explore historical and contemporary art and design, including works of art from many of the world's richest cultures. Admission free.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Do you like beauty? Prefer a serene experience rather than the queues the other museums next door?

This is quite an overlooked museum due to the fame of the two ones close by. In one way I'd like to keep it like that but in the other way I'd like more people to discover it's man, many, many beautiful artifacts. My favourite part is 'Europe, Cast Courts.' You'll find it just to your right as you enter from Cromwell Road. The pieces in there are classic and exquisite. There's even a marble fountain! No water though.

This is a place I visit for inspiration and solace. A place I can lose myself in and find myself again. I hope you will enjoy it too!

1  Thank PiaKSwe
Write a ReviewReviews (28,302)
All reviews
in 475 reviews
"centuries"
in 233 reviews

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

A great experience. So much history to behold in one building. Could have spent more time there. The gift shop is a bit pricy but the most museums are.

1  Thank Sue L
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Wonderful collections & wonderful displays. I just wish it stayed open till 6:30 so people who work could visit midweek

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Very interesting and lovely pieces! Loved it! Need it have quite a lot of time to see everything at your leisure.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve heard many great things about this world renowned museum and yet still exceeded my expectations. It’s an easy subway ride or a beautiful walk through the Kensington Gardens depending on where you are staying. If you are traveling with someone it could be worthwhile to purchase a membership. Many of the exhibit halls are free. However, some of the most incredible exhibitions you must pay per person. If you go to more than 2, you can save money with a membership. You get access to a special lounge for lunch and cocktails as well as 10% off in the gift shop. I really had wanted to see the Frida Kahlo exhibit and I did not realize it was booked 7 weeks out. By becoming members we got to go in and see it that day as well as the Fashioned from Nature exhibit. They were both spectacular. I wish I had more time to spend another day there.

1  Thank Caitlin Grace M