“DELICIOUS FOOD BRILLIANT SERVICE”
Review of La Petite Maison

La Petite Maison
Ranked #751 of 24,548 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$79 - US$106
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: It has been around for over 2 years and is rated amongst London's top 20. Zagat rate it London's top Mediterranean restaurant 2009
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I dined here and the service was fantastic our server was Rodica who was extremley attentive and pleasant.

The food was delicious and we are already looking forward to dining here again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When you book they take your credit card details in case you cancel so they fine you so bare that in mind.
I arrived at my booked reservation but unfortunately my friend arrived 30 mns so while waiting I ordered some tapenade, the waiter in shocked asked me if i was going to be a table of one and i kindly replied no. Then a woman arrives and asks me for my name as if i wasn't suppose to be here and lied to me saying she didn't find my name on the reservations list when i've seen it with my own eyes when I arrived. I then ordered before my friend arrived so it would be ready when she comes and once again the waitress practically didn't want to take my order as I was alone and was expecting a table for two people. Anyway the staff made me uncomfortable for no reason.
The food was ok but the quality degraded since i last came. The burata was good but i had better and wouldn't pay £19.50 for it, it is ridiculous. We ordered a carpaccio which was INEDIBLE (see image) how is this even aloud to be served also for a £15? Disgusting. It was so chewy with so much fat and the taste was off. I prefer they tell me it is sold out than giving me this piece of garbage.They saw that we didn't eat it but didn't ask if something was wrong. All the dishes are simple french dishes which should be made to the perfection due to the price and straightforwardness or the recipes, however nothing was incredible. Anyway, ordered a dessert after 20 mns wait we asked them about it and the woman said that it takes 10-15 mns to make and that we couldn't see in the kitchen but a cook was making it... She told us it takes time to prepare. Frying some toast to make french toast doesnt take over 20mns..... Instead of apologizing she just tells you that after 20 mns it's still not prepared. On top of that we had already paid the bill before the dessert arrived as we were in a rush. No apologizing no compensation, nothing. The least you can do is refund us the dessert but literally the woman doesn't know customer service and apparently doesn't care.
I usually don't mind when food takes time if you apologize however after paying for £120 with £11 out the window with the dessert and £15 once again out the window with this "carpaccio" I was angry. When you go to a restaurant with this standard you should never feel uncomfortable and treated like this. Like i said before, they have my credit card details in the system so instead of having to potentially take my money for "cancellation fees" you should actually refund me for a dessert i never had due to lack of organisation and courtesy.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I used to entertain clients here back in the day, I have not visited for a while but it was great to go back and discover that the food is still the best !
Still ordering the black or lemon chicken is the way to go all washed down with a overpriced bottle of white burgundy. As always you get what you pay for and this place is one of the few that can easily justify the prices bang in the middle of Mayfair too.
To ensure of a proper night out you can have either pre or post dinner drinks at Claridges which is located about 100 meters away !
Fifty quid passes through your hands at breakneck speed if you are a lover of a finely made Gin and Tonic or Four !
These days I partly judge an establishment on whether or not the staff call me "Guy",
neither Le Petite Maison or Claridges did so x

Reviewed 5 May 2018

we arrived 30 mins late for a 2pm booking, due to traffic. We phoned to tell the restaurant, however when we arrived the menus were put in front of us and we were asked to order immediately since the kitchen was about to close. We did not even have time to order drinks. The food we ordered was nice enough, but our party of 4 could barely speak to one another due to the level of noise. After a while, the restaurant began to empty out, but suddenly the whole place filled up with staff having their food, it was like a giant canteen, and they started mopping the floors around us with strong smelling floor cleaner. It was such a disappointing experience. I could not recommend this place, and none of us will be returning.

1  Thank greengame
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Great Experience and nothing less expected
Food of high standard, service attentive and professional.

Great place for business lunch