3,120 results
All reviews club room wet room upgraded to a junior suite heathrow express quiet area breakfast was excellent rooms are small an upgrade full english tube station paddington mirror hairdryer pubs
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

First off this hotel is good and the staff are tiptop. We stayed for 2 nights in a family room with our 4 week old baby boy. The room contained and this list is not exhaustive, a couch, iron, hair dryer, tv, little desky/office thing and most importantly a microwave. Microwaves are huge for the new baby crew as sterilisation is key. It's also one of my designated jobs along with emptying the nappy bin. The staff at the hotel were fantastic and offered us help with our many bags and lifted the pram in and out of the hotel.

The location is fantastic being on the doorstep of Paddington station, home of the slightly overpriced but very handy Heathrow express and only a short walk to Hyde park.

There are also some very nice pubs close by which in a former life we would of got absolutely 'A' holed in. So if you haven't already impregnated your other half maybe you could pop in and enjoy a few scoops.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The Park Grand is in a lovely part of Paddington, very peaceful but in a good location to the station and Hyde Park.
The reception staff were very help and friendly and even upgraded us for our stay.
The room we had was a perfect size (junior suite) but could imagine the other rooms being a little small - however this is a boutique hotel in London. The to was clean, well presented and had everything we needed.
We had access to the private lounge with complimentary snacks - these you have to ask for rather than set out in the room and drinks you still needed to pay for (unless soft drinks). Being a private lounge I would have expected drinks to be complimentary.
Breakfast was my only down side to this hotel, full English breakfast and parts of it were cold and the room where we ate felt very crammed in.

Apart from this, it was a lovely hotel, in a great location and very reasonably priced - perfect for a short stay in London

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PGHotelManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Iloveholidays99,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at Park Grand London Paddington. We are delighted to read that you found the hotel experience to be great and very much appreciate you mentioning our fantastic team. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We value your comments about aspects of the hotel that need updating, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our hotel and provide the customer service you deserve.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in a compact room with following observations:
1. Location: near to major stations - paddington and lancaster place and Hyde park, so you cant fault the location. Its just in an alley which probably is normal for London city hotels
2. Room - nothing much to write about. Average comfort bed, seems to have done the job but nothing fantastic. Study table and an excuse of the wardrobe is hidden. Bathroom seemed to have broken tiles and hooks and emanated a very budget feel. I had a room on 2nd floor which meant a lot of street noise came through in the night.
3. Food: Lots of Indian options in a small restaurant. Breakfast was below par though had some choices but bread seemed hard and it seemed more of a tick in box exercise
4. Entertainment: This is where it sucked the most. The remote is horrible and the channel changes had massive lag. No decent selection or even display / sound quality. Very disappointing. Wifi was enough for emails but dont expect facetime or skype to work very well.
5. Staff: Staff was pleasant most of the times. But there was a lot of yelling in the kitchen during breakfast. Staff is not proactively looking for what you need though is polite.
6. Value for money: I paid expensive (over 200 pounds per night) which seemed excessive.

Overall, it was just okay. You are better off with a a budget chain like premiere inn which is far more predictable.

Trip type: Travelled on business
PGHotelManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Vnagal,

We would like to thank you for spearing your time to comment on your stay at Park Grand London Paddington. We highly appreciate your feedback which gives us a chance to improve our customer service and it helps us identify the areas we can improve the guest experience. We will definitely take on board your feedback concerning the breakfast and pass it over to the relevant team for further consideration. We would be happy to welcome you back to make your next stay more rewarding.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights after travelling back from Australia. The bellboy helped with our luggage to the room which was really appreciated.

The room itself has nice decor but is a little small, however in our room we had a little hallway which we stored our bags in so we had more space. The mattress on the bed was quite hard and I didn't find it that comfortable. The bathroom was very nice with a good shower.

Wouldn't really recommend the full English breakfast, not worth the £15 we paid per person. Can definitely find nicer food not far from the hotel for a more reasonable price!

Overall a nice stay and would come again.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely helpful staff. We had a room upgrade, clean and comfortable. My husband was not allowed to have keys to the room until I had arrived with the payment card the room was booked with. We both had to show photographic ID. I was then asked to give them the original payment card that I had used to book it with by prepayment in order to get the keys. I pointed out that I may not have taken this card with me, or that someone else could have booked the room for us. We were told that if this was the case, they would have to cancel the original booking, refund the original payment, and make us pay again! Absurd. They then took a swipe of my original payment card on an old credit card type machine and asked me to sign for it. This ridiculous system should be reviewed. We could have been left without a room if I had not taken the original payment card with me, as they would then have had to cancel the pre payment, and make me to pay again! They were insistent that it must be done this way.

1  Thank Katherine J
PGHotelManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear Katherine,

Thank you very much for sharing the travel experience you had with Park Grand London Paddington. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by our payment requirements. In addition, I would like to inform you that for the advanced purchase bookings we always require the same card to be presented at the check in to complete payment authorisation and ensure that there were no fraud activities involved. The detailed information concerning this requirement can be found on the booking.com website while completing the reservation process. If the same card is not presented at the hotel we are obliged to refund the money and take the payment from any other card using pin or signature to secure payment authorisation. We will definitely take on board your valuable feedback and try to make changes accordingly. At the meantime we really hope that you will give as a chance to welcome you back and make it right for you during your future stays.