“Not bad, but not the best Thai I've had”

Thai Square Covent Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Thai Square Covent Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,887 of 25,295 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$20 - US$39
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Located in the heart of London's Theatreland, the Thai Square restaurant in Covent Garden brings an authentic taste of Thailand to the West End. The restaurant is decorated has a stylish bar area that leads into a small courtyard dining area. This is decorated in a contemporary style with an abundance of Thai artefacts to create just the right atmosphere in which to tantalise your taste buds. The menu uses authentic ingredients, flown in daily from Thailand, to create dishes such as emerald chicken curry, duck cooked in coconut milk with pineapple and cherry tomatoes and a selection of vegetarian meals.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We went for a pre theatre meal. The service was pretty good even though it looked like they were a little understaffed. The food was good enough but not the best Thai I've had. Price wise though was reasonable for the location

Nida P, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Square Covent Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thank you for your review. Our team is committed to continuous improvement and your feedback is an essential part of this. I am confident that our team will endeavor to improve the experience of our customers and I am looking forward to seeing you at Thai Square again in the near future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions that you may have. It would be my pleasure to address them promptly and personally.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I never write reviews on restaurants but my experience on Saturday night with my partner was so bad I feel I need to let everyone know.

I'll try to make this easy to read:

Sat down and was left waiting for 15mins whilst staff walked around doing bits and bobs, no eye contact was made with us at all... and they were not that busy!

Finally got the waitress attention and ordered our food and 2 glasses of wine.

The wine sat at the bar poured into glasses for 5mins until the waitress finally noticed them and brought them over. The wine (sauvignon blanc) was sour and off so I took it back to the bar (and believe me I NEVER dislike a wine) ... the bartender didn't look up at me so I went back to my table as the food was arriving.

I told the waiter I had sent the wine back as it was off and he apologised and ordered 2 beers instead

Now, considering this is a "THAI" restaurant and pad Thai is supposed to be the national dish... it was the worst pad Thai I've ever had, so dry that the rice noodles were stuck together and could not separate them.

My partners scallop and prawn curry was fine.

Finally we sat and waited like 2 idiots for someone to look in our direction (I could have quite easily walked out without paying and would feel no remorse) ... then we got the bill which came to £86!!!

They had still charged us for the stale wine and had the cheek to include service charge.

I complained and had this removed and as I told the manager it was very bad she took off another 20%. Still we paid £53 for a terrible pad Thai and a horrible experience.

I will never return to this place even if you paid me... staff need to have training in how to wait tables, it is not rocket science....

1  Thank roman2410
Nida P, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Square Covent Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for your unfortunate experience with Thai Square Covent Garden. It is always our mission to bring the best dining experience to all of our customers, and I am sorry that we failed to impress you during your last visit. Please accept my sincere apology, and I am sure that this mistake will never happen again in the future. Our Covent Garden team is committed to making further improvement, and your input is very important for our cause. Please give us another chance and we will deliver a more enjoyable experience for your next visit. Please do not hesitate to email me directly if you have any question. I am happy to address them personally and promptly.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

The food was good and spicy. I took the Massaman Curry: was very delicious.

I asked for water and the lady filled my cup at 99%!!!

For dessert: I wanted the Seasonal fresh fruits, however the servant couldn’t tell me what fruit it will be.she told me: I don’t know. Which is a fine answer if she at least proposed to go and ask. But Of course, no care!

Anyway it was a nice dinner.

Nida P, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Square Covent Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you very much for your support on Thai Square. I am happy to hear that you are satisfied with our Thai food. It is the mission of Thai Square to serve the best authentic Thai food to all of our customers, and our chefs will make continuous improvement. Your feedback is thus very essential to our cause. I am certain that we will deliver a better experience for your next visit, and I am looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. Please join our facebook page for the latest updates, and feel free to email me with any concern that you may have. I am delighted to offer my assistance at any time.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I have been to London very many times and do not negatively review often at all.
We arrived at the restaurant happy and looking forward to an evening meal.
We went for The set menu. The starter arrived almost immediately? was okay.. not good but to be fair no major issue. We were not asked about drinks so had to have those half way through. Literally the plates were being cleared up before we had finished. My plate was taken as i was still finishing... the same used cutlery left to use on mains...
The reason without a doubt was the mains were already cooked and waiting as i was still chewing my starter when the main arrived. I had duck...chewy...very very Very fatty. Sauce okay.
Sticky rice ummmm... nor like just overcooked stodge.
As we were finishing each plate tsken rather than wait for people to conclude.
Desert was a single scoop of average ice cream. . We were in and out in 40 mins. Not our choice but just rushed. Then on the bill was a 12.5% tip.. i refused to pay that.
The other three guests had watery bland green curry and were okay. I had terrible food poisoning and was ill for two days. Cannot state without tests of course but believe it was their food.
Dire!
Please not this is the first totally negative review i have done.

Nida P, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Square Covent Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apology for your unfortunate experience. It is our aim to provide every customer with a satisfactory experience and we are sorry that yours is not one of those instances. We will make every effort to ensure that the same mistake will be avoided in the future, and we hope that you will give us an opportunity to rectify it. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with the email provided below. It is my pleasure to answer your inquiries that you may have.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Given the quality of service and the price, this would not be on my repeat list. Some of the staff seemed reluctant to provide service. Food was average. Walk a bit further, wait a few minutes and find something a bit better.

Nida P, Guest Relations Manager at Thai Square Covent Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

I would like to thank you for taking your time to review your last visit at Thai Square. It is our mission to offer the best quality of services and food to our customers, and your comments are essential for our further improvement. I hope to offer a better experience for your next visit, and I am looking forward to seeing you at Thai Square again. Feel free to email me with any concern that you may have, and I am delighted to offer my assistance at any time.