“Lovely spa day”

Ranked #112 of 738 Spas & Wellness in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Staff where friendly, I had a lovely time, the swimming pool and jacuzzi wasn't the biggest but we got it on a wowsher deal so it was worth what we paid for.the area in the spa facilities was very clean.

2  Thank lilo l

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Could not fault the spa the massage and the hotel. Excellent attentive therapists who took time to explain the massage and the depth of the treatment was faultless.
Will return without hesitation.
Outstanding customer service

2  Thank Stones410
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Friend bought me a spa voucher - on arrival did not receive glass of bubbly - massage was okay - asked for deep tissue and got more of a rub down! Jacuzzi was nice, but pool was cold. Had to wait over an hour for them to do maintenance! Hotel looks nice, bar/restaurant area.

2  Thank Prinny O
Reviewed 8 April 2018

My best friend paid for the two of us to come & relax for half a day at a spa and experience a fully body massage. She paid a large amount of money for the spa experience. She booked this spa as "The Montcalm Hotel" is a five star hotel so assumed the spa would be of a high quality.My review is purely based on our experience that day.

The pros:

The spa was clean, providing robes towels & flip flops to wear. The massage room was nice & dark, playing very relaxing music and I did feel the staff were very nice to us.The massage had good points & I could tell the masseuse knew what she was doing. Even when my friend made a compliant at the end to the front reception desk about the bad points of the day, the staff member she spoke too was very kind to us. And tried to apologies as best she could. There was cold lemon water to drink with apples in a bowl if you wanted one.

The Cons:

I felt we were rushed the second we got in the door as we were told at reception we had to change ASAP and have our treatment carried out immediately. This had me in a panic straight away to rush.

The massage which was meant to be a full body massage for 50 minutes was only 40 minutes long (we were told to relax for the final 10minutes in the dark). The girl who carried out my massage although I am sure is a lovely person & is quite skilled at her job, her hands smelt of smoke. So when some one is massaging your face, that wasn't very pleasant or relaxing. After the massage, we tried to use the pool/Jacuzzi area. This area was jammed packed as it is quite a small pool with a few beds around the pool edge and small jacuzzi that could fit 4 people max. I wish the amount of people had been spread out more.

The other spa users, ( I fully am aware the spa staff can't control this aspect) but other users were all on there phones continually taking photos like a photo shoot around the pool area, which is really not very relaxing. Now this wasn't just one person, this was a number of different people doing this from different groups. Why bring your phone in to a jacuzzi???Aren't we there to switch off & relax from the outside world for an hour or two?

The complimentary champagne we were told to drink in the relaxation area which was basically the hallway of the spa.So that was bit awkward.

Finally when it came to shower & leave, there was a male staff member in the female changing area cleaning around, So when I walked out of the shower basically half naked in to the very small changing room, I got a big shock. And was not happy with this at all.

Conculsion:

The whole experience was not that relaxing which I feel was the whole purpose of the afternoon to relax. This is such a shame as I was so looking forward to it & having two hours to relax from the rush of London.The spa is too small for the amount of people they allowed in at one time.The staff seemed nice but I am sad to say If your going to pay for a spa day I wouldn't recommend here.

1  Thank Becky M