“Birthday”

Ranked #3,116 of 25,464 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Hmm. Mixed feelings about this restaurant. Food was ok.

Ordered myself a gluten free dish. About 15mins after ordering the waiter came back to me and said "are you gluten free by choice or for health". I repeated for medical I have coeliac disease. He said "ok I'll have to get The chef to redo your dish as he now needs to change his gloves as he was touching normal pasta when doing yours"... Why wasn't this asked at the time? Or! Even better why not just change your gloves anyway.. because I could have got seriously ill.

Wouldn't return due to this

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We went there last night before a show as the queue was shorter than most others - maybe a clue.
I had the carne piccante calzone pizza. Mistake!
The dough was soggy and flabby. The meat inside it looked heavily processed and the tomato sauce was overly sweet with an overpowering aftertaste if dried oregano.
The strong inference with branding that this is true Italian cooking is laughable. I won’t be going again when I can get a pizza 100% better down the road at Franco Manca.
Shocking impersonator of genuine Italian food.
Staff were friendly and service was prompt so if speed is more important than taste then go there

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Place is nice, clean and most important thing is child friendly ( menu and high chairs).
The food is absolutely amazing we had a starter that a mix of thing to share (was brilliant) then we had a pizza and spaghetti everything was very tasty and fresh.
The staff is very friendly and smiley (our lovely host was Kasia ) my one year old just loved her and kept smiling and waving to her :)
This is a restaurant that I can leave home just to go and eat on, I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Hadeel M
Reviewed 29 May 2018

I have visited Ask Italian twice now and both times i have been very impressed.

The Ask Italian at the O2 Dome is very nice - clean - and spacious, the waitress was attentive and offered a pallet cleansing Lemonade,

once we had ordered the food came very quick and was hot and tasty, (unlike Prezzo) the waitress did come back and ask if the food was ok and it was.

This is a very good place to visit for a meal.

a solid 8/10

1  Thank chris r
Reviewed 20 May 2018

We must have been in another time zone based on some of the current reviews, where do we start, at the beginning. We had booked a table before the show to make it easier for our family night out but on arrival we were greeted by a waitress that was clearly new as she didn't want to now we had a reservation but more about getting us in a seat.

It was then ages before she returned even though we had our menus folded (selections made) many staff passed our table but never asked if we wanted to order, we were watching people that had sat after us get served....!!!!

Finally the waitress returned, we order drinks only to be told a few mins later that they had run out of Apple Juice (A basis stock item) we had to explain everything more that once to her. our starters of Calamari was greasy and tasteless, my light Pizza was very light as it was half the size of the utensil it was served on which was 1/2 the size of what I was meant to get, it was also all burnt around the edges and cold...!!

My sone Bolognese was steaming as if it had been microwaved (We had to ask for a cold plate to transfer it on so he had a chance to eat it..

My guess from this experience is that they don't rely on repeat business but just passing trade...Not what you expect from a franchise/chain...

1  Thank Malcolm D