“A bit disappointing visit”

Carpathia Champagne Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #148 of 1,979 Restaurants in Liverpool
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Carpathia Champagne Bar & Restaurant offers a first-class dining experience right in the heart of Liverpool. One of the most highly-rated restaurants near the Albert Dock and Pier Head, Carpathia is located within luxury Titanic-themed hotel 30 James Street. The stunning building is steeped in history, formerly the headquarters to the White Star Line shipping company, owners of Titanic. In keeping with the stylish nautical theme, Carpathia will make you feel every inch the first-class passenger. At Carpathia, day visitors and hotel guests are invited to take in the splendour of the building while wining and dining in style. Serving afternoon tea and seasonal dishes, Carpathia’s menu offers plenty of choice for the whole family. You won’t want to miss out on our fabulous cocktail menu, thoughtfully designed to take you on a journey of a White Star Line Trans-Atlantic cruise. With an effervescent atmosphere, you’ll have a truly unforgettable evening.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Came there with my friends.firstly you really don't know how to get there. Waited for a drink at the bar for a long time, staff seemed disorganised, after good 10min they gave me a bucket of vine with glasses to take.seriously? So I asked to bring me this to our table. The vine came with a cork, nobody bothered to open it. So had to go to the bar again and asked staff to come and open the vine. The service is really disappointing. However really nice place with a nice view.

Ben L, Manager at Carpathia Champagne Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear miaen1986
Im sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn't good as we strive to give the best for our guests, its upsetting that we where disorganised on the day you visited as this isn't the case usually, if you could take the time to give me an email I would like
to discuss the issues further

Sorry Again and thanks for your feedback

Thanks
Restaurant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,356)

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I took my wife,daughter and son-in-law to the Carpathian bar for a drink to celebrate my wife's birthday staff were friendly and welcoming and we were shown to the terrace which had fantastic views, unfortunately we had no sooner sat down when my wife knocked her drink over James m came over right away and cleared the mess and replaced the drink without any fuss so we'd like to say thank you very much to your staff especially James m for the excellent service and we'll see you on our next visit.10 out of 10.

1  Thank WorkingtonKopite

Hiya WorkingtonKopite
Thank you soon much for your lovely 5* review its much appreciated, I was working that shift as I remember James asking if it was ok to replace your drink, I will be sure to tell him about your kind words. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave it as our guests mean the world to us.

Look forward to seeing you again soon

Thanks Again

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Eat here last Wednesday the staff couldn’t do enough for us but it was the food that really stood out I had the cheese balls and the bream my wife the soup and steak all of it amazing and that sauce with the bream is out of this world.

Dear mattyD80

Many thanks for your amazing feedback I will be sure to tell the chefs the compliment you have left.
We launched that menu on Monday so its great to hear the lovely feedback already.

We launch our new drinks menu soon, so pop down to give it ago
Hope to see you again soon

Many Thanks

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We passed this building in the car and spotted its roof terrace. It was only by seeing an old photo of it on the dockside that we realised its link to the White Star Line. When we then found it, there was no indication from the street what it is now. Had we not ventured inside we would not have realised that it is a hotel with a restaurant and rooftop bar. Indeed it's not even obvious what the hotel's name is! The owners are clearly missing a trick in marketing this lovely building. The bar service was friendly but neglectful. Food was hit and miss too. Come on owners, don't scrimp on staff training and market your hotel as it could be a gem!

1  Thank Suzanne S

Hi Suzanne S
Many thanks for your feedback, its much appreciated and I take it on board. Having feedback like this will drive us to do better.
Hopefully you will try us again soon and have a much better experience, if you have anymore ideas and would like to share them drop me an email and id love to discuss.
Thanks again for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon

Many Thanks

joe.caswell@rmstitanichotel.co.uk

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Based on positive reviews online I had read - we went for my mum's 65th - what an utter disappointment it was - we stayed for one drink and left

Called up a few days before to see if I could book a terrace table for my mum - was told they don't book terrace tables - but was told to come and if it was busy they would seat as soon as a table was free

Arrived and got turned away until after 4pm as there was a wedding on that day - would have been helpful to have been told this when I called

Mum decided we should go anyway, so returned after 4pm

All the staff we interacted with were surly and unwelcoming

All the outdoor furniture was wet and hadn't been wiped down

Ordered some drinks with an older gentleman at the bar - seriously think he would have been happier if the earth had opened up and swallowed him

Ordered 3 cosmopolitans for myself, mum and dad - to be honest - they were really poor. The mixology seemed really off - something was not nice, and they were incredibly dark in colour

After reading such great things, I was bitterly disappointed

Also felt like we were being rushed, as we did have intentions to stay longer, but a young male waiter came over twice and asked if he could take the cocktail menus, despite us saying we wanted to order more

Two stars given - clean and nice toilets, outdoor area was a pleasant space

Really disappointed from our experience, hope to expect better service and drinks if we returned

Did not have any food