“A bit disappointing visit”

Carpathia Champagne Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #121 of 1,918 Restaurants in Liverpool
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Carpathia Champagne Bar & Restaurant offers a first-class dining experience right in the heart of Liverpool. One of the most highly-rated restaurants near the Albert Dock and Pier Head, Carpathia is located within luxury Titanic-themed hotel 30 James Street. The stunning building is steeped in history, formerly the headquarters to the White Star Line shipping company, owners of Titanic. In keeping with the stylish nautical theme, Carpathia will make you feel every inch the first-class passenger. At Carpathia, day visitors and hotel guests are invited to take in the splendour of the building while wining and dining in style. Serving afternoon tea and seasonal dishes, Carpathia’s menu offers plenty of choice for the whole family. You won’t want to miss out on our fabulous cocktail menu, thoughtfully designed to take you on a journey of a White Star Line Trans-Atlantic cruise. With an effervescent atmosphere, you’ll have a truly unforgettable evening.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Came there with my friends.firstly you really don't know how to get there. Waited for a drink at the bar for a long time, staff seemed disorganised, after good 10min they gave me a bucket of vine with glasses to take.seriously? So I asked to bring me this to our table. The vine came with a cork, nobody bothered to open it. So had to go to the bar again and asked staff to come and open the vine. The service is really disappointing. However really nice place with a nice view.

Ben L, Manager at Carpathia Champagne Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear miaen1986
Im sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn't good as we strive to give the best for our guests, its upsetting that we where disorganised on the day you visited as this isn't the case usually, if you could take the time to give me an email I would like
to discuss the issues further

Sorry Again and thanks for your feedback

Thanks
Restaurant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,290)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I took my wife,daughter and son-in-law to the Carpathian bar for a drink to celebrate my wife's birthday staff were friendly and welcoming and we were shown to the terrace which had fantastic views, unfortunately we had no sooner sat down when my wife knocked her drink over James m came over right away and cleared the mess and replaced the drink without any fuss so we'd like to say thank you very much to your staff especially James m for the excellent service and we'll see you on our next visit.10 out of 10.

1  Thank WorkingtonKopite

Hiya WorkingtonKopite
Thank you soon much for your lovely 5* review its much appreciated, I was working that shift as I remember James asking if it was ok to replace your drink, I will be sure to tell him about your kind words. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave it as our guests mean the world to us.

Look forward to seeing you again soon

Thanks Again

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Eat here last Wednesday the staff couldn’t do enough for us but it was the food that really stood out I had the cheese balls and the bream my wife the soup and steak all of it amazing and that sauce with the bream is out of this world.

Dear mattyD80

Many thanks for your amazing feedback I will be sure to tell the chefs the compliment you have left.
We launched that menu on Monday so its great to hear the lovely feedback already.

We launch our new drinks menu soon, so pop down to give it ago
Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We passed this building in the car and spotted its roof terrace. It was only by seeing an old photo of it on the dockside that we realised its link to the White Star Line. When we then found it, there was no indication from the street what it is now. Had we not ventured inside we would not have realised that it is a hotel with a restaurant and rooftop bar. Indeed it's not even obvious what the hotel's name is! The owners are clearly missing a trick in marketing this lovely building. The bar service was friendly but neglectful. Food was hit and miss too. Come on owners, don't scrimp on staff training and market your hotel as it could be a gem!

1  Thank Suzanne S

Hi Suzanne S
Many thanks for your feedback, its much appreciated and I take it on board. Having feedback like this will drive us to do better.
Hopefully you will try us again soon and have a much better experience, if you have anymore ideas and would like to share them drop me an email and id love to discuss.
Thanks again for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon

joe.caswell@rmstitanichotel.co.uk

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Carpathia bar is a fabulous place to have a drink on the balcony and watch the Liverpool docklands. The Lemon Drizzle gin cocktail is very moreish. If it is a bit chilly, they do provide blankets. The staff are very efficient.

Hiya COntentedtravel1234
Many thanks for your lovely review, its much appreciated, we try our best to look after our guests and make sure there warm on the cold evenings.

Im glad you enjoyed your cocktail, very soon we will be launching our new cocktail menu so keep your eyes peeled and come join us again to try them out.