Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 03/10/21
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
Agoda.com
All reviews parking space comfortable stay nothing is too much trouble property owner
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2020

small hotel clean and well run by its owner, handy for all the atrractions

well run and a handy place for the town and all the attractions, not able to serve food due to the covid19 restrictions , but plenty of places nearby for food and drink , the owner is a very pleasant guy and what you get for your cash is ok.

i

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 4 September 2020

ok let me start by saying hotel manager was amazing he gave us are parking space we had tea coffee ect we got drenched at pleasure land he turned heating on and gave us extra heating for the room rooms were place to sleep which were great for price we left a deposit and got it refunded and we had 3 young kids we were bit dread of place by the reviews but no we were made to feel welcome so thank you.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank terrilee09
Reviewed 15 July 2020

This was a last minute stop over on the way to my parents. Booking was easy. When we arrived we phoned the mobile number on the door and advised the details for check in (due to Covid-19). All completed at a socially distanced nature. We were given a parking space out the front of the property and told this would be until 11am the following day. As we had checked trip advisor we were aware of the £40 deposit. The room was comfortable for a nights stay. I was very aware of everything that my children did, eating in the room etc because of the deposit. However the room was checked on checking out and we were told the deposit would be returned (text message to confirm this). The money has been refunded. Was great for that one night stop over.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 14 July 2020

Stayed here with my husband last Wednesday night
The owner was so polite friendly and helpful
He even offered us a bigger room without us asking but we were happy with the one he allocated us
Such a lovely atmosphere here and nothing is too much trouble
Definitely good for people on a budget
Honestly! We think the prices are too cheap and would of happily paid more

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2020 via mobile

Property was outdated and not very clean but as the staff were okay we stayed. On the Saturday heard owner arguing with customer on the Sunday he was arguing with another customer. Time to leave he comes in and says he cannot return our deposit as my kid weed on the bed. There are no urine Mark's I explained all my kids are potty trained offered to unpack all our clothes so he can smell our clothes surely if we had peed our clothes would smell he declined. Offered to show him our own bedding which we brought in he declined said it smelt like piss therefore he was going to take the deposit. Said adults also pee in the bed I offered for him to smell my clothes and beeding he once again declined. From what I have seen this weekend with 3 different customers it is all a scam to keep you £40 deposit. I have stayed in many hotels and never have I left a bad review for anyone or had my deposit taken away. We even cleaned the room before we left. Surprise he took away my friends deposit as well. In the 2 days we were there 4 people lost their deposits. I have put pics of the sheets to show that there are are no urine stains. He says he smelt pee I offered him to smell all our belongings he refused. Below I have posted pics of the sheets which have no urine stains. My children are 5 7 and 9 and have been potty trained for many years so I know that they would never ever mess a bed

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Meronishaevans1985
Saqib S, Manager at The Woodland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Hi Meronisha,
The pictures of the property are available online for anyone to view before they decide to book.
If any conversation with another person in your opinion is an argument then that explains why you would call everything you overhear, an argument.
A damage deposit of £40 pounds is advertised online prior to booking, this deposit is taken upon check in, cash or card. The deposit is held till the time of check out, once the room is inspected for any damage, the deposit is refunded without a problem 99% of the times. In your case, after your 2 day stay, the whole room smelt of urine and on one of the beds, there were clear marks of urine along with wetness which we thoroughly inspected and recorded evidence of. This evidence was provided to booking.com and they confirmed that damage had been done to the room and deposit must be retained in your case.
I am sorry but we are a professional unit and are not in the practice of smelling our guests and checking their bags.
Your friend who also stayed with her child admitted to the damage in her room and did not argue or shout at our staff due to her own mistake the way you did and understood that the cost of professional cleaning/replacement is greater than the deposit.
We take and refund over £400 pounds of damage deposit on a daily basis at our cost just to prevent any unpleasant occurrences and to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable stay. Despite your surprisingly inaccurate rating, we stand by our policies and will not be bullied into lowering our standard of quality provided to our guests.