Hotels.com
FindHotel
Trip.com
Snaptravel
1,098 results
All reviews outdoor jacuzzi hot tub booking reference steam room overlooking the lake no lift changing facilities my partner booked this hotel restaurant staff bit dated fabulous views evening meal night break afternoon tea lounge area both nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Arrived, nice enough. Checked in, use of spa would be £17.50 per person and cooked breakfast was extra. Opted for use of spa, although don’t think they should be charging for using pools. Went up to room, nice enough but not blown away, nice view of lake, chairs & table on decking outside patio doors, nice, until opened patio doors & stretch of decking to neighbouring rooms also with chairs & table, no screening so no privacy, disappointed. There was an extra spa pool which we could see from our room, no privacy for the people using it. Used pool, not busy so enjoyed it, although it needed TLC. Had 1st meal, 2 course, Chicken meal very nice, followed by plum crumble and ice cream (nice but couldn’t eat all crumble as not enough ice cream too dry) partner had burger (over cooked), followed by cheese selection (very happy with cheese selection). Because of the prices and bit disappointed overall, was considering cancelling following nights meal booking. Breakfast, continental (very nice selection) they bring this to you but you have to get your own tea or coffee (didn’t really make sense they couldn’t bring that to keep people away from things). Went out for day, when we got back room hadn’t been cleaned bins not emptied, hospitality tray not replenished (If this was because of covid then they should make this clear) We had 1 course for meal, we both opted for steak (paying a supplement) I asked for chips, partner wanted potatoes, both came out with potatoes. Waitress apologised but I didn’t want to wait for them to correct it, so ate it. (It was very nice). My partner and I have stayed in luxury hotels as well as basic, so are used to varying quality, on this occasion we were disappointed overall. The staff were nice enough, but don’t feel it was value for money and would not book this hotel again, I got the impression they are trying to be something they are not.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank 421cherylv
Reviewed 4 January 2021 via mobile

My daughter bought a stay here for me last year as part of a voucher gift deal, sadly cancelled several times due to the lockdown restrictions. I found myself chasing the hotel each time to find out whether they were open or closed as I wasn’t receiving any updates but put this down to low staff numbers.

I called on 6th December as yet again restrictions had been put into place, this time preventing travel between different districts. I was advised that they were not extending the voucher beyond December and that I should contact the voucher company who would issue the refund.

So...the voucher company were contacted and responded to say that the hotel had refused the refund on their side.

I then contacted the hotel AGAIN to tell them the refund has been blocked by their team. Finally got a response - they have never blocked the refund and can’t remember even being approached regarding this. I forwarded them the email as proof but have heard nothing back.

Since the 8th of December I have emailed repeatedly - nothing. Messaged - nothing. Have called them and been told that I would receive a call back - nothing.
Absolutely notjing

At this point, nearly a month on, I can only conclude that they are completely ignoring me and that the hotel/ their staff members have misled me deliberately. I hope I’m wrong and will try again for the next week or so but I am very disappointed with the whole experience so far. If I am mistaken I will update the review but I’m not hopeful!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank KimFowler
Reviewed 30 December 2020

Last year I gave this hotel a 5star review. Did not expect to have the same experience with covid restrictions but were disappointed with a few aspects. When booking I was advised there was now a charge of £17 per person for Spa use which was included last year. I have not stayed at any other spa hotel which charges extra for their spa area. They also advised us no cooked breakfasts would be included on two mornings, the third being a brunch.. There was an upgrade to pay extra for a cooked option. As it happened on Xmas morning we were offered a cooked breakfast after an extensive continental breakfast was delivered to our table, which ended up far too much and there was wastage. Now on the last morning we were expecting the advertised extensive continental breakfast. We were aware what to expect. There were no yoghurts, no hams and cheeses and the fruit salad I had was 95% apple which I left. A lunch was cut out on boxing day replaced by brunch. Lastly the platter on Xmas night was extremely poor and we were not offered any Xmas cake all the time we were there.. I asked the cost of this before booking and was advised it should be £35. I am afraid I would have been upset at £10. No one complained as we were still full from the excellent Xmas lunch. In fact all the main meals were excellent. The chef did a great job. I do appreciate covid may have contributed to some of the issues I have mentioned

2  Thank lakelover908
Reviewed 23 December 2020 via mobile

We mainly booked this hotel for the use of the spa facilities and after doing some research prior, I could see that there was a charge for the spa and they were booking in 90 minutes slots due to covid, which is all fine and I contacted the hotel before hand to be told I could pay and book a slot upon check in. When we arrived to the hotel I asked about the spa to be told there were no slots until 1.30pm the next day after we had checked out. I think this is ridiculous as how else were we suppose to get access to the spa during our trip when we were told to book in on arrival? The whole reason we picked that hotel was for the spa, this left us very disappointed. The room was small with a nice view, however the bathroom was very outdated and could do with some work on the wood frames. The bed was awful to sleep in, I was up all night due to the flat pillows and rock hard mattress. Breakfast was simple but the charge for a full English is a bit ridiculous. Overall nice views but would spend my money elsewhere is future. Left this trip feeling really disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2020

We loved staying here. The staff are so friendly. The rooms are very clean and have amazing views. The pool and spa is fantastic with amazing view again. But ask about price as we didn't know it was extra to just to use the pool. The food is 10 out of 10.

Trip type: Travelled with family