“Best in St Albans”

Price range: US$31 - US$41
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Veer Dhara invites you to participate in an authentic translation of Indian Cuisine. Our menus are based on the highest quality produce and seasonal ingredients, from all corners of India, brought to you with traditional flavours, the origins of which can be traced back to the aristocratic houses of India. Our Chefs have endeavoured throughout, to remain faithful to the historic origin of each regional dish recreating flavours originally associated with traditional home-cooked food. We are fully equipped to serve St. Albans and the public at large, with our exciting and varied range of dishes, prepared with unrivalled supreme culinary excellence, and served in stylish, elegant and stunning surroundings.The concept of the Veer Dhara was the brainchild of an ambitious and visionary entrepreneur, named Surinder Singh who is based in Central India. His objective was to present a new, different and exciting way to appreciate Indian food, and to demonstrate that excellence, diversity, tradition and affordability can all go hand in hand, and combine to give you an experience different to anything you have known so far.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Been going here since it was up in the high street . If anything the food has improved in recent years . And it was always good. Friendly service and amazing food, right up there with the best Indians I have visited.
From the super fresh popadoms to the tandoori chicken it’s all first class. If you are in the area it’s a must try . Tom Cruise once visited whilst filming eyes wide shut, watch out for his signature dish.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent service very pleasant and very tasty starters and main course. Manager was very helpful with choices so different from your normal curry house all of the menu has been very carefully put together to give maximum taste and not too expensive either.
Recommended

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had the chilli prawns and a chicken starter and my god they were good, the sauce on the prawns was absolutely delicious. I got the lamb shank curry and I think it was the best curry I've ever had. The meat was so tender and the sauce was unbelievably tasty. My hub had the 'Tom Cruise' favourite curry and that was on par with mine, so so tasty. Even the naan bread was top notch.

The only thing I would say is that I'd love the naan bread to be bigger for what you pay, but that's just a small detail. Staff were lovely and they seemed genuinely interested that we were enjoying their food. We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely disgusted with their service this evening. Booked a table for 4 for 8.30pm for Saturday 24th March for a special family get together. Turned up and it was absolutely rammed. We were still waiting for our table at 9.15 so we left. They had quite obviously overbooked incase some didn't turn up. No one was even close to finishing their meals. We had 2 family members who had travelled over 20 miles for this evening. Thanks for nothing Veer Dhara.

2  Thank jenr775
Reviewed 19 March 2018

A busy Saturday night in the restaurant, all the tables were full quite early and plenty of people coming and going for takeaways. Obviously peak time for them but no issues with service.
Started with the prawns fried in honey and chilli which was a great dish, lovey generous portion of about 6 large battered prawns with a sticky coating with a decent kick from the chilli. Will definitely come back and have that again. For my main I had the tandoori sea bass, very impressively presented as it arrived sizzling. Side of peshwari naan also done really nicely.
Gave the Indian wine a try which was fine but not one I’d necessarily pick again.
Nice to have lots of interesting options on the menu.