“STAY AWAY!”

Grand Harbour Hotel Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: The Spa at the Grand Harbour Hotel features an indoor swimming pool, spa pool, steam room, sauna, gymnasium, 4 treatment rooms and a nail bar. A range of spa day and residential packages are available.
Reviewed 28 May 2018

I purchased a spa day package including lunch at Marco Pierre White within the hotel as a gift for my sister in law for her birthday. Every touch point would have been laughable (if it had not been such a special occasion we were trying to celebrate).

Unfriendly welcome at reception, disorganized, the least "spa like" ambiance you can imagine. Cheap coffee machine and dirty tea bags on arrival (what happened to a glass of water and a slice of lemon?), a greyish bath robe (that looked like it had been through the wringer (what happened to crisp white? At least the slippers were new), not a waft of incense, not a hint of zen.

And then the facilities - no shower outside the steam room and sauna (it was just unbearable watching sweaty strangers sinking into the pool next to you, torsos dripping in sweat - unhygienic doesn't even cut it!). Paint peeling off the walls (photos are not to be believed on the website!), this spa is dated, tired and in need of a make over. Rust stains seeping down the walls, the most revolting (and bright - sadly, so you cannot wish what you see away) steam room i have ever been in.

No magazines, no service (when asked if we could get a diet coke and a cup of tea to drink, i was invited by the supposed manager to go down to the hotel bar and collect them myself - in my spa robe!!!!). After expressing my shock and views on the establishment in no uncertain terms, he finally delivered the requested refreshments himself - in three paper cups).

1 out of three hairdryers worked. Bring your own shampoo - and run a mile!

And then lunch had to be better right - Marco Pierre White after all!

In an almost entirely empty restaurant and first to arrive, we were seated right by the loo. Staff were reluctant to move us as "computer says no" (that's where people who have the spa package sit). When finally moved, after asking more firmly, to a nicer seat by the open door (on the most beautiful day), service was so slow we almost started eating our napkins. When one of our starters arrived, it was not as ordered (yet it wasn't worth the wait to complain), and then some extra chicken that was ordered to try and improve a sorry attempt at a Caesars salad main (some sad wilted leaves, sans anchovies with badly grated cheese on the top) didn't even turn up - we were forced to cancel the order and ask for dessert and the bill as quickly as possible.

SO disappointed! Sadly, did not live up the expectation or reputation. It was a birthday present for my sister in law gone sadly wrong!

1  Thank Nicci P

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Had a very relaxing day, very helpful and friendly staff. Pool was not too crowded with slenty of space to relax and swim. Lilly and Silvy at the spa were outstanding. Will definitely visit again!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Myself and 10 friends visited the spa for my hen do weekend. It was a wonderful day and we enjoyed every minute of it.
We all had treatments which were lovely. My back, neck and shoulder massage by the lovely Sylvia was incredible and she put me as ease straight away as I had never had one before and wasn’t sure what to expect. I could have stayed there all day!!
The pool and jacuzzi were equally as wonderful and we spent a good few hours splashing around.
We finished our afternoon off with afternoon tea.
Would definitely recommend and would love to return again.
Thanks to all the lovely spa staff for giving us all a wonderful experience
Xx

Reviewed 10 April 2018

My wife had a Spa day given as a gift. She decided to have a salt scrub followed by a full body massage by Mary. My wife says that this is the best full body massage she has ever had and that Mary was amazing! She would definately recommend it!

1  Thank johnhutchings10
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Booked a spa day retreat through Spa Seekers for my mum as a Christmas Present. Some of the spa staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, some not so much and I felt like we were an inconvenience. The pool and Jacuzzi area need some updating, paint was peeling off the walls and some of the loungers could do with replacing as they really aren't that comfortable. We both had a treatment and that was fantastic, we both felt that was one of the best parts of the day and the treatment rooms were relaxing, comfy and just what you would want. We had food and prosecco included in the day and this was served in the dining room and again, we felt that the food was good value for money and we both really enjoyed our lunches. Unfortunately the steam room / sauna were tiny and seemed to be an add on up the stairs on the way to the changing rooms.
Bit of a mixed day really, but probably wont be going back.