“STAY AWAY!”

Grand Harbour Hotel Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: The Spa at the Grand Harbour Hotel features an indoor swimming pool, spa pool, steam room, sauna, fitness suite, 5 treatment rooms and a nail bar. A range of spa day and residential packages are available.
Reviewed 28 May 2018

I purchased a spa day package including lunch at Marco Pierre White within the hotel as a gift for my sister in law for her birthday. Every touch point would have been laughable (if it had not been such a special occasion we were trying to celebrate).

Unfriendly welcome at reception, disorganized, the least "spa like" ambiance you can imagine. Cheap coffee machine and dirty tea bags on arrival (what happened to a glass of water and a slice of lemon?), a greyish bath robe (that looked like it had been through the wringer (what happened to crisp white? At least the slippers were new), not a waft of incense, not a hint of zen.

And then the facilities - no shower outside the steam room and sauna (it was just unbearable watching sweaty strangers sinking into the pool next to you, torsos dripping in sweat - unhygienic doesn't even cut it!). Paint peeling off the walls (photos are not to be believed on the website!), this spa is dated, tired and in need of a make over. Rust stains seeping down the walls, the most revolting (and bright - sadly, so you cannot wish what you see away) steam room i have ever been in.

No magazines, no service (when asked if we could get a diet coke and a cup of tea to drink, i was invited by the supposed manager to go down to the hotel bar and collect them myself - in my spa robe!!!!). After expressing my shock and views on the establishment in no uncertain terms, he finally delivered the requested refreshments himself - in three paper cups).

1 out of three hairdryers worked. Bring your own shampoo - and run a mile!

And then lunch had to be better right - Marco Pierre White after all!

In an almost entirely empty restaurant and first to arrive, we were seated right by the loo. Staff were reluctant to move us as "computer says no" (that's where people who have the spa package sit). When finally moved, after asking more firmly, to a nicer seat by the open door (on the most beautiful day), service was so slow we almost started eating our napkins. When one of our starters arrived, it was not as ordered (yet it wasn't worth the wait to complain), and then some extra chicken that was ordered to try and improve a sorry attempt at a Caesars salad main (some sad wilted leaves, sans anchovies with badly grated cheese on the top) didn't even turn up - we were forced to cancel the order and ask for dessert and the bill as quickly as possible.

SO disappointed! Sadly, did not live up the expectation or reputation. It was a birthday present for my sister in law gone sadly wrong!

1  Thank Nicci P

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We booked this last minute when mutiny festival got booked. And I must admit the facilities aren’t the best we’ve been too but I had the head neck and shoulder massage with Shireen and honestly, my sister and I have paid serious money for massages, I have epilepsy so it’s big thing for me to relieve muscles, and Shireen wasn’t shy, she went straight in, she speculated the pressure and took to it perfectly! It’s honestly the best massage of my head neck and massage I have ever had! In 10 years of epilepsy!! She’s a credit to the therapy and made up for the facilities!! Good on you Shireen!!!!

3  Thank KirstyyGriffin
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Had a very relaxing day, very helpful and friendly staff. Pool was not too crowded with slenty of space to relax and swim. Lilly and Silvy at the spa were outstanding. Will definitely visit again!

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

My mother and I visited the Grand Harbour today for a Spa Day. It was fantastic!! The hotel and spa staff couldn’t have been more pleasant or helpful. We enjoyed the most delicious lunch with prosecco in the hotel restaurant before heading to the spa for our treatments.
I have suffered for some months with my back and right arm since I suffered a severe nerve impingement... Mary, my designated therapist, was wonderful!!! Having started a full body massage she took one look at my back and could see that I needed substantial manipulation in my shoulders and back, Mary made it her mission to fix me!! I can report that she delivered the best massage I have ever had (and I’ve had a lot)!! I would highly recommend a visit and will definitely return again.

1  Thank LittleHalo1