“Not As Good As Usual”
Review of 7Bone Burger Co.

7Bone Burger Co.
Ranked #50 of 731 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$11 - US$17
Description: 7Bone Burger Co. Servin' up American comfort food classics including our well hung (ahem) dry aged steak burgers, own smoked hot dogs and the infamous picklebacks (shot bourbon w/ picklejuice), in a feel good atmosphere coupled with service with a smile. You gotta check us out!
Reviewed 31 May 2018

This was my third visit to this new 7bone (In my opinion it is a lot better than the Southampton location) Unfortunately it was not as good as usual, it seemed like the fryers had not been cleaned for a while as the fries did not taste great, my friend agreed as his Haloumi fries did not taste to great, ,I will go back for sure but I will ask about the condition of the fryers before ordering fries.

Also, the music playing from the kitchen was louder than the music in the restaurant and one of the chefs felt the need to shout to his co worker in the kitchen quite often it was quite slow so I am guessing they were trying to keep themselves amused?

BonePompey, General Manager at 7Bone Burger Co., responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Hi Waopfc,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Here at 7bone we always like to go the extra mile. We were sad we didn’t quite hit the mark on your visit and that you didn't have an amazing experience with us. Food quality is our top priority here at 7Bone, so we are always disappointed when we hear customers have not enjoyed their meal. Anytime you feel like any part of your meal is underwhelming please let a member of our team know and we will do everything in our power to make it right for you. We have had a word with our chefs as I know they get very excited about serving our awesome food and there is no need to shout about it to each other. Hopefully you will give us a go again in the future so we can knock your socks off.
Peace, Love and Dirty Fries x.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Was so excited when I heard this place was opening up in Portsmouth as I’d already been to the one in Southampton and it was amazing! We arrived and ordered some drinks and were shortly seated. The restaurant was busy and we felt a little cramped at the table. We soon ordered our food, my partner and his friend ordered a Christmas special burger (can’t remember the name) they weren’t overly impressed and the burger was cold and tasted burnt. I ordered the Robert Johnstone, again not amazing and Luke warm. I also ordered the Mac and cheese which tasted nice but again it wasn’t hot! Really disappointed as my previous experience was so good! I would come back and give it a second chance though!

BonePompey, General Manager at 7Bone Burger Co., responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Luck K, Thank you for your review. We always appreciate all feedback. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your recent visit. Food quality is our top priority here at 7Bone, so we are always disappointed when we hear customers have not enjoyed their meal. I will pass this information on to the Head Chef so this does not happen again. With regards to the tables, I would like to apologise we were still juggling with the table plan as we hadn’t been open that long, hopefully on your next visit you will find it less cramped.
Peace, Love and Dirty Fries

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We had One Big Chicken burger and a pink Prince Charles is overrated and they were amazing, could not fault! And we had the salted caramel shake and masteoreo shake and they were the best shakes I’d ever had!

Hi Georgia T,
Thank you for the fantastic review. It’s great to read you thoroughly enjoyed your food, thought our shakes were amazing and the best you’ve ever had . We Look forward to seeing you again very soon for some more great burgers and shakes.
Peace,Love and Dirty Fries x

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Ate here a couple of times while working in Portsmouth. Nice place and staff are very friendly. Choice of burgers was very good. Some interesting sides as well. Portions were decent too. Drinks are cans or bottles and are a bit different to your usual pub drinks. 2 of us got a drink and a meal for under £30 so not to expensive either. Would definately return.

BonePompey, General Manager at 7Bone Burger Co., responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Hi Kevin T,

Thank you so much for your great review. Im so glad the couple of times you have been in you have had a positive experience with us. We always strive to give our best to everyone who comes in. Look forward to seeing you again soon for your next fix.

Peace, Love and Dirty Fries x

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The food here was absolutely incredible which is reflected back into the price unfortunately, with a burger, side and a drink costing around £20. However the sides and the shakes are delicious and filling and really make the meal, the let down however was in fact the burger, they are small and whilst they are tasty they are shadowed by the sides and the shakes, but overall one of the best burger joints I have been too

BonePompey, General Manager at 7Bone Burger Co., responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hi BigG226,
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you found the food and shakes incredible. Perhapes on your next visit try an extra pattie which will make the burger a lot bigger, or the one big chicken which is very nice size. Look forward to seeing you again soon for some more incredible food.

Peace, Love and Dirty Fries x.