“Supper at The Kings Head”
Review of The Kings Head

The Kings Head
Ranked #15 of 106 Restaurants in Rye
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Eat, Drink & Stay with us, offering a luxurious, relaxing and mouth watering experience for all! Booking is advised.
Reviewed 11 September 2021

We booked ahead for supper so no excuse they were not expecting us. On arrival we were taken to an unset 6 person table close to the kitchen door and in the path of many servers. There were two of us. We asked for a move and begrudgingly this was granted to the bar area on one of several occasional non dining tables. We were unimpressed with the menu which was very ordinary, the decor and above all with only one exception the indifference of the staff. How this can be classified as an AA 4 star is beyond me.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (565)

Reviewed 9 September 2021 via mobile

We came here for a Friday evening staying in one of the cottages.The welcome was fantastic.....rooms are lovely and very quiet. Food was great for dinner. But the breakfast was outstanding. The cooked breakfast was beautifully presented...all the same hot temperature with awesome ingredients.
This isn't easy to get right but was one of the finest cooked breakfasts i have ever had and eaten in many lovely hotels. We will come back!

Reviewed 5 September 2021

Just had an absolutely gorgeous meal at the Kings, Nutroast and all the trimmings,lovely homemade Yorkshire,four fresh vegetables,without a doubt, the best roast around, hubby had the fish, chips and peas, which he throughly enjoyed. Staff were so nice and attentive. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 1 September 2021

Back in Rye for the festival rebooked this for three meals over the weekend. Not disappointed superb again. Staff so attentive and helpful. Food first class. Recommend Sunday Lunch. Be aware desserts are huge.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 29 August 2021 via mobile

My first thoughts on walking into my 140 pound a night room were” where has my money gone”. Firstly I’d asked for a double bed and was told I had one when I made the booking 3 months previous, only to walk in to two single beds. No problem I pushed them together. The tv was a small tv, again no problem: the shower was adequate enough and was hot so that was a plus, but the beds were the most uncomfortable bed me and my partner have ever slept in. As for the pillows I would’ve been better off putting two sun news papers into the pillow cases. For a 140 pound a night I at least expect a good nights sleep! I don’t see how they can justify the price tag for what they offer! In fact it was so bad that we packed up at 1.30am and actually drove home, which is an hour away, because I simply could not sleep and was tossing and turning and getting a migraine from the lack of sleep and comfort!

On the plus side the pub is a lovely pub and the staff were very nice and friendly, we chose this place as it was dog friendly, and it really was. The staff made the nice atmosphere which was also helped by the live jazz they had playing in the main room. The food was ok, just standard pub food and the price of the food was a bit cheaper than average. All in all though not a great experience and I definitely would not be staying again. But would definitely drop in for a pint on my way through!!

Date of visit: August 2021