“Birthday Fish Fiesta”

Webbe's Rock-a-Nore
Reserve with OpenTable
Webbe's Rock-a-Nore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 410 Restaurants in Hastings
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Fabulous afternoon spent slowly savouring the delights from webbes kitchen. Oysters upon arrival with pink prosecco set the tone of the meal. Scallops were delicious and coupled with tempura prawns. We chose the English local rose wine which was dry and smooth on the palate. Seabass served on a wonderfully creamy risotto. Sadly no room for dessert. Would thoroughly recommend Webbes for the food, ambience and friendly service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Always great service really fresh food whether fish or meat and great ambience set in the heart of the old town hastings. Would thoroughly recommend this venue for lunch or dinner

Reviewed 22 April 2018

This was our second visit to this place so I thought I d better write a review because it’s a great place to eat. We did actually go back hoping to have their excellent seafood linguine but they stopped doing it recently. However we were not disappointed by the excellent alternatives available. ‘On Arrival’ I had 3oysters with a glass of pink rose . Superb. The rose was particularly lovely and I wish I d asked the brand/make. We then went on to share the smoked fish platter and a basket of bread. All lovely. Just a bit different to normal fish platters. For main course we actually shared the Steamed Panache of fish. Enough for us but bigger appetites would prob not share as it is meant for one. It was all polished down with a lovely Muscadet. Can’t wait to go back. Shame we live 300 miles away or I d be there every week. We also think it’s excellent value for money for the quality of food.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Firstly the positives...food was excellent, these guys can really cook, and I thought very good value for money.

Would be excellent/5* except for..

Décor and Ambience - harsh over bright lighting, tables that looked like formica, banquette seating covered in cheap looking leatherette, plastic covered menu holders, overall feel is like a quick service restaurant in an airport, not a special place for dinner, so a bit of an own goal..

Menu - Fixed menus, especially in a fish/seafood specialist restaurant say "lack of ambition..some items from the freezer". Literally a stone's throw from a fishing fleet so where are the daily specials? Menu should be daily specials, printed daily or on a chalk board, with minority fixed items, I'd say no frozen prawns from Mozambique but hey that's just me. On my visit I had one of the two daily specials (had to ask the staff if there were any, not offered or displayed) which was skate wing, it was first class, as I said these chefs can cook so let them go for it.

Recommend the owner has a meal at Wright Bros, Borough Market to see what could easily be improved.

Will definitely be back and hope to give it 5*

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Webbe's is always reliable for an excellent meal. The Dover Sole and Sea bass are always beautifully cooked. Considering the very high quality, the price is reasonable. The wine list has a good range of quality and price with excellent options in the different price ranges. Diane, the maitre d', is always friendly and welcoming, and has squeezed us in at the last minute more than once.