All reviews high standard willy wonka pianist playing big walk in shower signature room manager kim extra vegetables room safe bowling green bath robes and slippers petit fours class hotel sauna steam room free parking and wifi work commitments fresh milk in the fridge course evening meal
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely food, great atmosphere, lovely polite staff. I can honestly say I have Never tasted carrots or cauliflower cheese that tasted so wonderful. The gravy on my roast beef was absolutely delicious. My starter was phenomenal,it was potted duck pate and smoked duck. Well done to The Belgrave sands.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaccccccc2015
Belgrave_Sands, General Manager at The Belgrave Sands Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Good morning jaccccccc2015,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fabulous review about your Sunday Roast with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed it so much and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! I will definitely pass you comments on to our wonderful team of chefs.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

We recently stayed for two nights at this hotel.The accommodation was very good and the meal were excellent. We found the staff to be very helpful. One slight criticism is the Hotel is extremely warm although there is an electric fan in each room. Unfortunately Torquay it's self looks very tired and a bit run down, but there is some redevelopment taking place.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Belgrave_Sands, General Manager at The Belgrave Sands Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Good evening Anthony S,

Thank you for taking the time to write this very complimentary review about your stay with us. It is fantastic to hear that you found your room comfortable, your meals excellent and the team helpful.

I am sorry you found your bedroom to be very hot during your stay, we have had unusually hot weather this past couple of weeks (approximately 25 degrees) and so my bedroom at home was very hot too. To try to combat this in the future, we are waiting for a delivery of fire alarm sensitive door stops so we can keep the corridor doors open which should increase the air ventilation throughout the whole hotel. We are hoping this will make a tremendous difference on those extra hot days.

I am extremely sad to hear your negative comments about Torquay on such a public forum. The council are trying very hard and doing a lot of redevelopment in the town centre, but sadly, like many small towns in the UK, we are loosing some of the bigger shops. We hope that we will have some small independently owned boutique shops take their place to make Torquay really special.

Further to this, we have the most beautiful sea front and promenade, a fantastic harbour, a wonderful selection of bars and eateries from fish & chips to fine dining and everything in between, a theatre which hosts great shows year round as well as other marvellous attractions, brilliant transport links by bus, train, steam train or boat to neighbouring towns and I could go on and on. I really hope this comment doesn't put people off coming to Torquay, as in my opinion it is beautiful and a great place for a Great British holiday!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a 2 night mini break on my own.
The single bedroom is plenty big enough and very nicely finished with all the usual refinements plus little touches like a suprise mini cake in the fridge.
The hotel is immaculately presented and the breakfast is delicious with the usual buffet plus cooked to order hot dishes.
Very close to the beach and with plenty of free parking this hotel is ideally positioned for exploring Torquay on foot.
The swimming pool, sauna and steam room are an added bonus.
Both nights I ate in the restaurant having the 6 course dinner. Amazing quality food, couldn't fault any of it and the staff were also lovely and helpful in picking which delight to opt for next.
You will not be disappointed by this hotel and I will definitely be back!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank ian r
Belgrave_Sands, General Manager at The Belgrave Sands Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Good morning Ian R,

All I can say is thank you so much for taking the time to leave this wonderful review. I am so pleased to hear about how much you enjoyed your stay, particularly that you liked your welcome treat, enjoyed your meals and found the team to be helpful and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Spent a very good 5 days wit my Mother and Sister, we were part of a coach holiday.
The room was very comfortable and my Mother and I had an amazing bathroom. A walk in rain forest shower and a huge bath to die for! The beds were very comfortable, our only very minor request would be for more drawer space. The food in the restaurant was of a very high standard as were the very attentive and cheerful staff. I heard one minor comment from another guest reference 'the Mob on the coach' which I soon told him that we were all professional or retired professional people and that he should look up the terminology of the word Mob. Overall I would return to this hotel in the future as everything surpassed my expectations.

Room Tip: We were in a ground floor room as my Mother has a problem with stairs. Very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Belgrave_Sands, General Manager at The Belgrave Sands Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Good morning Jane M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review about your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you found the team to be excellent, I will certainly pass your comments along to them as they will be very pleased to hear such lovely feedback. Thank you for your great comments about your meals.

As said in the previous similar review, I am sorry to hear that you heard another guest speak unfavourably about coach tours, but I am pleased to hear this didn't detract from you having a great holiday.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

As part of a coach tour, albeit one packed with retired professionals, scientists, doctors, teachers etc, I wasn’t sure what to expect. But this hotel offers a truly a four star experience. Fabulous beds, modern decor, walk in rain showers and multi channel television. The full works for breakfast and a six course meal in the evening. The cooking was exemplary and the bar was reasonably priced.
The pool was a leisure pool but adequate and there was a steam room. Lastly, and so importantly the staff were so friendly and helpful.
I would definitely return on an independent basis.
And to those who made snide comments about coach parties I say we keep occupancy up and your rates down!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank karen g

Good morning Karen G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this fabulous review. I am so pleased that you and the rest of the tour group you were with had a lovely time staying with us. It is great to hear how you enjoyed your meals, found your bed comfortable and were made to feel welcome and looked after well by our team.

I am sorry to hear that you heard another guest speak unfavourably about coach parties, but am so pleased that this didn't detract from your lovely holiday with us.