“Evening out”

Wagamama
Ranked #86 of 824 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Great setting looking over the estuary. The staff were friendly and efficient, the food was delicious. You do however have to deal with the fact that the food comes when it is ready, my meal came 5-10 mins before my sister's and our side later than that.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner visited this evening, we sat outside whilst it was still warm and watched as the sun set over the water - absolutely picturesque view in a gorgeous spot in Plymouth.
We are both vegan and the options available were vast - we managed to have a very filling a satisfying meal. There seemed to be a probablem with ordering vegan steamed buns though? We ordered the steamed buns and although the rest of our food arrived... the buns didn’t. We spoke to our server Courtney (who is fab) and she chased this up and we finally got them about 40/50 minutes after ordering. Courtney offered drinks on the house for inconvenience but after trying the steamed buns we decided we would have an other portion instead of the drinks as they were so bloody tasty! Courtney advised that there may be a little wait for them as they were busy which we were fine with. About half an hour later... still no buns. We made Courtney aware and she expressed her disappointment and profusely apologised - she brought out two drinks on the house as we were waiting again and around 10 minutes later we were brought the buns in a takeaway hag as it was getting chilly and we wanted to leave... I have to say they were so worth the wait, both times! Although it would advisable to get it sorted in the kitchen because all the meat eaters were receiving their buns in hoards whilst us vegans were sat twiddling our thumbs...
Fantastic service though, Courtney kept us happy and laughing through our entire visit and the food was spot on. But don’t leave us waiting too long for the tasty steamed buns when we come back for some more in the future!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I've been meaning to check this place out for a long time, so finally did today. We were seated quite easily and several different waitresses tended to our table, so no complaints on that front. All of the food arrived at different times, which we were told it would, but not much of a wait in between to be fair. My dish was cold, so when the waitress asked if everything was ok, I asked her if mine could be microwaved. As they don't have any microwaves, she took it away and provided me with another meal, this time on a warm plate. The food was totally bland and tasteless, you could have done your own using a stir fry pack which they sell for £1 in the supermarkets. I've tried these before and to be honest, the taste is pretty much the same. All 3 of us said that the meal was lacking in flavour and my daughter left half of hers (which at £10.00 a throw certainly isn't very good value). We had chicken and prawn noodles, which consisted of 3 prawns and 4 small pieces of dry chicken). I didn't bother to complain at the end as I had already sent my meal back once. You live and learn - avoid this place if you want anything with any flavour!!

1  Thank HonestJohn14
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Awful service, worst experience with friends.
Drinks came out before the food (which was cold)
stop going to these "chained" rip off restaurants.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank jrudders
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Hard to actually find Wagamamas in The Royal William Yard, Plymouth, as we hadn't been before.
I had the Bang Bang Chicken, which was delicious but the Chillies were too hot for me.
We would definitely go back, but there were a surprising number of dogs which surprised me in a restaurant where families with young children were eating.

Date of visit: April 2018