“seagulls”

Pinhoe Hoard Exeter
Ranked #133 of 581 Restaurants in Exeter
Description: The name 'Pinhoe Hoard' comes from a collection of Middle Bronze Age (c. 1400-1200-BC) palstaves and bracelets, discovered by a local group of detectorists in 1999. These were unearthed on the site on which our pub is built, and are now on display in Exeter Museum. Tourists and locals alike love The Pinhoe Hoard pub for our relaxed atmosphere, great food, and ideal location. You'll find us on the edge of Exeter, close to the M5 and a short drive from Dartmoor National Park and the beautiful beaches of Exmouth. We're a real ale pub, serving well-kept cask ales alongside a varied selection of premium draughts, wines, spirits, and soft drinks. Come in for a pint in warm and welcoming surroundings, and stay for a superb pub meal. Our carefully-chosen menu of British classics includes perfect pies, juicy steaks, and original burgers as well as our famous rotisserie chicken.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

we were eating our meal out side and suddenly a huge seagull swept down and stole my chicken ,knocked my friends drink all over and really frightened us.
I went inside and spoke to the waitress who replaced my chicken but was not helpful when I suggested a sign for outside diners warning of seagulls. Parasols outside or a note attached to the menu would have helped
We will go back but not eat outside again

ThePinhoeHoard, Manager at Pinhoe Hoard Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Good morning Stella y.
Thank-you for taking the time to leave us some feedback about your recent visit to us here at The Pinhoe Hoard, I'm sure, as you can appreciate during the "sunny spell" a lot of our guests decide to eat outside. I apologise that on this occasion you had to experience an encounter with the seagulls, during busy periods we all try our very best to keep on top of keeping the gardens up to a desirable standard to avoid situations like this happening. It is very rare but of course not unheard of. This week I will get something in place to inform guests if the wish to eat outside, they do so at their own risk. I do hope this wouldn't stop you from coming back and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely meal here, with a great selection of food and drinks. My Gnocchi came out a little hard but the staff were extremely helpful and replaced it with a fresh meal straight away and were apologetic. I’d recommend here to anyone. All staff were lovely but Tiffany went that extra mile today for us.

Good morning megb976.

Let me start by saying a massive thank-you for taking the time to leave us a review about your recent visit to us here at The Pinhoe Hoard. Each day we strive to give our guests the best experience we can and I can see that you where exceptionally happy with the service you received from Tiff, she will be delighted to see that she has gained another 5* review against her name. We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon, where I can personally say thank-you to you.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Food is always very tasty and with a wide range on the menu, Amy and Kerri made the visit even more enjoyable with their friendly smile and very helpful. Highly recommend

Good morning Lharris957,
Thank-you for leaving us such a great review about your recent visit to us here at The Pinhoe Hoard. I am delighted to see that Amy & Kerri made your visit "even more enjoyable". I will share these positive comments with them both and the rest of the team. We will look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Visited 15th June 1pm

I really liked this pub as it has a great vibe to it. Very clean. Kim served me and she did really well. The food is great for the price and is in good competition with Wetherspoons.

Kim seemed very busy and was waiting on a lot of tables from demanding customers. It might be worth while offering more support during lunch hours to make the working environment less stressful. Otherwise thank you for the food and I will be returning.

Rowan k

Good afternoon Rowan K,
Firstly, let me start by thanking you for taking the time to leave us such a fantastic review about your recent visit to us here at The Pinhoe Hoard. I'm delighted to read that you found the pub to have a "great vibe" and to be "very clean". We are extremely proud of our pub and we do all we can to keep us the reputation and cleanliness of the restaurant. Kim will be delighted to see that she has had yet another great 5* review to her name, and Ill be sure to share your comments with Kim and the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Recommend this restaurant, very nice meal, service was very good, the only thing I wouldn't have is the 3 starters, only a little of each not worth the money.

ThePinhoeHoard, Manager at Pinhoe Hoard Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi there Caroline H,

Firstly can I just say "thank-you" for the kind comments about your recent visit to the Pinhoe Hoard. Every day we strive to give our customers the best experience we can and it is always great to see that we have done so. I will pass your comments along to our kitchen team and can only apologise if our craft platter was not up to standards on this occasion. We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Amy