4,345 results
All reviews the cottages terrace restaurant samphire restaurant fistral view courtyard room storm watching main restaurant four poster bed hotel facilities dog friendly hotel beautiful hotel self catering stunning views cream tea steam room overlooking the sea relaxing break
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location of the hotel and cottage was absolutely stunning. My wife an I previously stayed in the hotel but our last sty was in a cottage. We actually like the cottage better as it provided a more spacious environment and we could still use the hotel facilities when we felt like it. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly. Highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheHeadlandHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for this super feedback. I am very pleased to see that you liked your cottage so much and, yes, you do have the best of both worlds in your home-away-from -home and all the facilities of the hotel to enjoy as well. Thanks for a great recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you need a lovely relaxing break.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the moment we arrived this was an outstanding place to stay. The whole hotel is vast yet warm and homely, and our room had an atmosphere of calm that made us want to stay much longer. The sea view was incredible, and being able to listen to the crashing waves from our window was a real treat. The staff were exceptionally helpful and extremely proactive in making sure we had everything we needed.

Dear Emma

I love the heading to your review- what an accolade!- thank you so much. It is so rewarding to see how much you loved staying here and a joy to read your wonderful comments. We all hope you will become one of our happy band of regular guests now and we greatly look forward to uoir next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had another fabulous meal at The Headland Hotel's Bistro Restaurant in September. The squid and pork tenderloin were just delicious. Great friendly service too. We will be back soon! Thanks very much.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Ali

Thank you very much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your meal in our Terrace restaurant. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we hope to see you often in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely hotel in stunning location. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Quality of food and service has greatly improved since our last stay around 4 years ago. Well done the Headland keep it up but also please sort your website out. Phone the hotel to book !!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am very pleased to see that you had a happy stay here and we hope you will come back often for more of the same. I'm not sure what was wrong with our website, but please feel free to call and tell us .011637 872211.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having stayed at the Headland for the first time last year (and used the spa since), my partner and I were very much looking forward to returning for another short break. We were not disappointed.

This is truly a unique, characterful and beautiful hotel in an outstanding location. The staff are efficient, highly professional but also friendly and approachable - without exception a pleasure to deal with. The doorman is a delightful chap who speaks my partner's native language (Brummie), and the concierge, Sarah, warrants particular thanks on this occasion.

My other half is allergic to both gluten and dairy, meaning we had little hope that she would get to enjoy the cream tea voucher to which our reservation entitled us. Indeed I was secretly rather looking forward to enjoying her cream tea as well as my own during our stay. As I was booking what I expected to be the first of my two cream teas I happened to mention my partner's allergies to Sarah with no expectation that such a thing as a dairy AND gluten free scone might exist, however I underestimated the Headland's willingness and ability to please. Sarah promised to speak with the chef and in due course established that although no such scones existed at that time, the chef would be happy to make some for us. This may sound trivial but to those who endure collections of allergies it means a lot.

It was also not lost on me that making two rather unusual scones for us was quite a lot of work for the kitchen when they're also tasked with making who knows how many exquisite meals every day for customers who, frankly, will be worth a lot more to the hotel than me and my Brummie-speaking partner are ever likely to be. Such willing attention and effort for 'little people like us' (MY words, not theirs, just to be clear!) was genuinely impressive. The scones, by the way, were also impressive. My other half loved them, the first she'd ever had, and I can confirm they also tasted impressively sconey to a scone aficionado such as m'self! The 'normal' scones served with my cream tea were outstanding, just for the record.

So that's a lot about scones, but really it's about service, customer experience and people - these are the things that really endear this remarkable place to us. Whether the opening of the impressive new spa facilities currently under construction will see prices move beyond the reach of folks like us in future years remains to be seen, but we'll be coming back as often as we can for as long as we can - that much is certain. Book it - you'll love it.

1  Thank Steve081974

Dear Steve

I am really delighted to see how much you both enjoyed your second stay at The Headland and especially to see that you were not disappointed in any way. Thank you so much for praising our wonderful staff so highly and I am so glad that we were able to provide the gluten and dairy-free scones that you wife enjoyed so much.( Sorry that meant you missed out a bit there! ) Where possible, nothing really is too much trouble for our guests, as you discovered, but it is so nice when guests like yourself appreciate it so much.By the way, there are no 'little people' among our guests at The Headland. Everyone is equally important to us. I am so glad you loved your stay and truly hope you will both keep coming back to us in the future. It will always be a pleasure to welcome you back.