“Food, Cocktails & Lots of Laughs!”

Slug & Lettuce Chester
Reserve a table
Sun, 13/06
20:00
Ranked #265 of 484 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: One of the most popular bars in Chester, the Slug and Lettuce is a great place to meet friends, family or new faces. Serving hot food all day and a refreshing range of wines, beers and cocktails later on, this stylish venue is perfect for any occasion.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Myself & My friend had lunch and cocktails here on Tuesday 25th May 2021. It was my first time here and we were served by Jack who made our experience so much fun. He was so bubbly, funny and chatty which was a really lovely bonus to have along with the 2 for 1 cocktails that we took full advantage off and with the tasty food. Overall, great service and a lovely afternoon, 100% will be back!

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (894)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First night out in a very long time! We came for lunch, dessert and cocktails! Our waiter Jack was attentive, enthusiastic and even gave us a little sing song whilst taking our order. He said he had only been there a couple of weeks but you never would have thought so, he was great :)

Food was lovely! And cocktails went down a treat!

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited her on Sunday with my husband, we'd pre booked breakfast but needn't have bothered the place was empty (now we know why!)
We waited a long time to be seated, the breakfast was vile. My husbands bacon was undercooked, sausage so overcooked it was inedible oh and he found a hair in his cappuccino!
The toilets were filthy and stank.
No refund or partial refund offered when we complained, very poor show!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed in Chester just as restrictions were being lifted our first night 17 May .. we called in for afternoon refreshments, we gave our names, did track and trace and were explained the one way system around the seating area,we could download the app or order at the table. (Which we did) the service was with a smile, was quick and easy, drinks bought to our table on a tray which we took off the tray, toilets were clean and there was extra hand sanitiser between the gents and ladies toilets, if you wanted to sanitise your hands after touching the handles of the door, we felt very comforting here so booked a meal for our first evening. The food was what you’d expect from a pub chain, didn’t exceed my expectations however didn’t disappoint either,
We used this place several times during our stay in Chester and we did use the slug and lettuce in Liverpool too during our break and I must say that the Chester one definitely gave a better service, we did actually compliment the staff to one of the senior members of staff in Chester as they were all great, well done to them all. You were a big part of our mini break, although my only niggle is sometimes I just want one cocktail and the buy one get one free isn’t really get one free, the cost is expensive for one.. but that’s my only niggle and definitely looking forward to returning

Reviewed 7 January 2021

I visited on 14/12/20 and sadly, despite me supporting your business and previously giving you a fantastic review, I just realised you ripped me off. To reserve a table, you requested a £10 'reservation fee'.

When I had my meal, I asked my waitress if the £10 would be taken off the bill of £44.88. She stated that the £10 reservation fee is not taken from the card unless I didnt show up. Imagine my suprise when I see the below on my bank statement today.
Mon, 14 Dec 20SLUG AND LETTUCE C -£44.88
Mon, 14 Dec 20DMN/SLUGANDLETTUCE -£10.00

Basically you ripped me off. How many other people have you done this to?

Date of visit: December 2020