All reviewscentral locationstaff givingclean soft towelsnice hot showerfish and chipslarge bathrooma great staystayed here for nightsrooms are cleanpot of teagreat hotelpublic areashigh streetfishing tripplace to staytvwifi
Reviewed 25 June 2018

A perfect place to stay ,as a lone traveller or in a group.
The owner is a great host , with his staff that are friendly helpfull and honest.
The decor was to my taste ,complete with simple touches, of phone charging stations st the bar.
If you plan to fly yourself to the island ,I can guarantee that you will be happy with your reception " wearing high Viz at the bar is optional"

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2018

just back from a great couple of days on Alderney ( 20th -21st April ) booked into the adventures rest for the second time hoping on improvement from my last stay a year ago, ALAS NO last year there was no hot water, the excusewas a load of fishermen were up early and used all the hot water, bull, this year a keen young girl just started Saturday past from Liverpool booked us in and was led to my room 105 given the keys and was told hope you enjoy your stay, HORROR........ open the room to find maybe goldie locks had moved in .....bed thrown open, crushed grubby pillows, PUBIC hairs in the bed, open biscuits rappers, waste in the bin, towels on the floor, towel on the floor in bath room, i have photos to show if required, I went down to bring the young girl back to show her and asked to see the manager but was told they were out and back tomorrow, was given a new room 110, again I had to boil a kettle to shave, the shower was powerful which is great but the water temp wasn't stable, warm... then cold then hot on one setting even after it had been on for a few minutes, when I asked the next day to speak to the manager who was standing next to the girl and asked for some form of response i was told .............it sometimes happens.......... i couldn't believe it. then breakfast, it's either is cooked hours before I.E this was at 9.35 am. but the bacon was so hard you could break your teeth on it, the dog issue is correct.... hair balls, in the way.... chained to the steps leading to the bar, don't get my wrong I have dogs too, now here's a thing I'm due back possibly this weekend coming, do i stay here and see if this has any affect, its such a shame this could be a fantastic place to stay and return to, it's central in the town, its priced right if it could be brought together and up to speed and take note and respond on peoples remarks..........watch this space and see after next weeks tour

Room Tip: ask to see it first
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Derek L
Martin S, Owner at The Adventurer's Rest, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write your detailed review Derek.

First up, may I suggest that if you would like a bedroom ready and waiting for your arrival at accommodation anywhere - you book before arriving? An email or phone call works the same the world over and while it was most unfortunate that you were shown to an unserviced room, it does as our manager said happen from time to time. Guests checking out late are, whenever possible, allowed to remain in their room and it is not for your I to judge how they leave their bed. We would usually have a note on our bookings system to show that the room was not ready for a new occupant, but on this occasion our system failed. Sorry once again for the distress that seeing another guest's room caused you.

Our hot water system enjoyed a massive overhaul in January. This was indeed much needed as the capacity was not sufficient for a group all using it at the same time. This was not bull or any other animal, but the truth and you were told it honestly on your previous visit. The hot water is now much improved, so the fault you describe of temperature fluctuations needs investigating; thank you for bringing it to our attention here so we can look into it.

Breakfast is cooked to order, using fabulous local ingredients. On the morning you left us it was myself in charge of the kitchen and I recall your order and that at least one of your two plates came back spotlessly clean - I can only imagine the bacon was enjoyed by one of you and I am very disappointed that you did not like the cooking.

Our dog Nelson is enjoyed by 99% of our guests, if he is not around in the morning he is missed but even so its only on occasion that he is there. I am sorry that you found his presence disturbing or that you feel he is making a mess. You should also note that your table for breakfast was immediately next to the door which bypasses Nelson and there is really no need to go near him if you prefer not to. We make no secret that this is a dog friendly inn and Nelson is sometimes not alone in welcoming our guests.

Despite being the best value accommodation in town, your needs may be better met by our colleagues with other hotels and guest houses. We cannot guarantee that there will be a room waiting for you if you do not book, bacon is served crispy and we are a great place for dog lovers.

Thank you again and we wish you all the best with another stopping point on your next visit.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

The Adventurer's Rest resides in a great location. The rooms are clean and extremely spacious with some great views. The staff were friendly, the breakfast very good. I couldn't have asked for more. Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank blannit
Martin S, Owner at The Adventurer's Rest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Thats a great review, you are very kind! Looking forward to welcoming you all back again soon. :)

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Stopped here for lunch, well a drink as the chef is on holiday. Comfortable place with a charging point for those gadgets out of juice. Board games, pool table and dart board also available.
Nice atmosphere with a range of comfy chairs to suit everyone. Staff welcoming too.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Martin S, Owner at The Adventurer's Rest, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thanks for your great review, apologies again for the mix-up with food - normal service resumes at the end of March.

We look forward to seeing you all again.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Just returned from a week's stay in Alderney. Our room was very large with a comfy sofa, large bathroom and spotlessly clean. All the staff were very friendly and did all they could to make our stay special. Nelson the pub dog made our stay even more relaxing. All the locals which we met there are incredibly friendly and helpful. We will be back! J & J

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Martin S, Owner at The Adventurer's Rest, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for your kind review, it was lovely to meet you both and we are looking forward to seeing you on your return.