“NOT for Saturday Lunch! ”

The Ivy Cambridge Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy Cambridge Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 742 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$32 - US$191
Description: The Ivy Cambridge Brasserie is an ideal spot to enjoy an accessible all-encompassing menu, serving British classics from dawn until dusk, including breakfast, elevenses, weekend brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, light snacks, dinner and cocktails
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

A lot of money has been spent on making this Restaurant look beautiful, for without doubt the decor is exquisite! The attention to detail is noticeable from the various uniforms of the staff down to the elaborate salt sellers on the tables! The menu is interesting, the food is ok! My daughter unfortunately didn't enjoy her fish and chips the batter was soggy! My burger was ok! Edible but nothing to shout about! The cheese board I had was another story, over ripe Camembert is not pleasant at the best of times this one was "humming" totally inedible! Our coffee was served in beautiful coffee pots, but unfortunately it was cold and was sent back! The service was terribly slow throughout the meal, would I try The Ivy again? May be but certainly NOT on a Saturday for lunch! The staff obviously can't cope!!!

2  Thank BrendaAteOut

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I have tried the Ivy in Cambridge on 4 occasions, and each time i want the experience to be great but sadly it has lacked on a number of things.

We enjoyed a lovely meal while sitting at the bar, the staff are attentive and service quick, however as soon as you eat at the tables the service is very slow. Quality of food has been inconsistent, we have enjoyed the scallops, fish cake and Shepards pie, however, had a very disappointed Burger (very overcooked!) and under cooked Apple Tart Tatin which was covered with too much alcohol which totally spoilt the desert.

It is a great addition for Cambridge, i just hope they will provide a consistent level of service throughout the restaurant.

2  Thank Clunch
Reviewed 30 April 2018

A gentle breeze whispered into my ear and a few drops from Mother Nature met my eyes as I wondered through the streets of historic Cambridge. It was only a few years ago I was giving the grandest of lectures to this generations greatest minds. My stomach rumbled at both the lack of aliment in my diet and the thought of my visit to the Ivy. A few friends of mine joined me, or at least my memories of them did. Walking along the promenade Hubert was welcomed by a distinguished, well designed front of house. She took my coat. Lunch time must be a rather busy period for this establishment as Hubert was portioned to the bar, a selection of beers and cocktails kept him occupied until he was escorted to a square object decorated with plates and cutlery. Shepherd’s pie to please the doctor, rich in mash potato, stock and sharp red wine gravy, the flavour exponentially better with each bite; the accompaniment, creamed spinach arrived shortly after finishing my main, a sharp look from Hubert and it was removed from the table. Missing posters of the chicken truffle sandwich were posted in around the restaurant as it was nowhere to be found. After a great effort it made its departure from the kitchen arriving at the table well after due. Albeit the taste was splendid, the experience had been somewhat tapered by a lethargic service. Despite not being particularly busy, this franchise struggled to attain a four star award from one of Cambridgeshire’s greatest critics. Improvement needed here, maybe I will return. Maybe.

3  Thank HubertClementine
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We booked a table for 10am yesterday for my daughters Baby Shower brunch. My daughters friend arrived about 15 minutes early and ordered a coffee while she waited. When we arrived she still hadn’t been served it. We chose what we wanted but 20 mins or so later nobody had been to take our order, so we called a waitress who apologised, we reminded her about the coffe, and bought it over, it had clearly been sitting on the bar and was stone cold. She bought another over and took our food order. She came back on two occasions to say that they had run out of decaf tea and then again to say that they had run out of cream for our coffee. The toast for the breakfast didn’t arrive at the same time and ten minutes later we managed to get her again to remind her of that. There seemed to be an abundance of management but too few waiting staff. All in all we felt that it was a disappointing experience for a much hyped restaurant, and the waitress apologised as she knew that we were. I would be reluctant to return unfortunately, clearly they have too many managers and not enough experienced waiters, and the managers need to be far more attentive rather than walking around looking important!

2  Thank Maggie S
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Visited The Ivy with my girlfriend in one afternoon. We didn't have booking but we got seated straight away. Food was in good portions and tasty and the service was on point. Alin , one of the waiters, did a great job and made our night better.
We will come again .