“Rude ”

Ahh Toots
Ranked #6 of 31 Dessert in Bristol
Price range: US$1 - US$46
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Description: Ahh Toots has a wide selection of gluten free, dairy free and beautifully made traditional cakes on offer every day, plus a short (and not-so-sweet) savoury selection. Everything is handmade on the premises using local, organic and free-range produce where possible. Get your 5-a-day a sweeter way!
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

The cakes are nice and look beautiful. I love the banana caramel cake. I will get something at least once a month and how done for aroybd 4 years. Unfortunatly i have to gear myself up for the expected rude girls who serve there. They are unfriendly and after my recent trip i felt the need to write a review in thehope they address the way they behave. I shouldn't be made to feel like an inconveniece when my money has the same value as anyone elses.

Tamarind G, Owner at Ahh Toots, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hi Martini

As a small local business we really value customer feedback and reputation at Ahh Toots. We're very sorry to hear feedback regarding your negative customer experience, I'd like to reassure you that we have undergone some recent staffing and management changes and we'd like to welcome you back for a banana salted caramel soon. We take customer feedback incredibly seriously, please do contact us directly by dropping us a line at ahhtoots@gmail.com or call us in the office on 011179 559 358 so we can discuss in more detail.

Best Wishes

Team Toots

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

It's just as well I don't live any closer to this lovely little place. The cakes are delicious and I would be poor (and fat!)

We enjoyed a slice of chocolate and beetroot and lemon drizzle. Both were delicious.

The girls were really helpful and friendly. I'll be back!!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

So there is a table full of delicious looking cakes, and I have had a few now and they have all been delicious tasting as well. Great selection, the difficult bit is choosing which one/ones to have.
The portion sizes are fair for the price, and you can take away or sit in with a cuppa, which can be a bit squished if at busy times as not a big area (more of a take away place)
Not the best atmosphere while the stalls are setting up but more fun when busier at lunchtime.
They also do savoury food, which I have never tried but will next time, it looks good!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Delicious cakes baked on the premises, and the sausage rolls were excellent. Informal outdoor seating. The complete opposite of all the packaged chains - informal, reasonable price, really really good quality.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

One of many small food outlets in the popular St Nick’s Market, I’d heard good things about this in the local press and was keen to give it a try. Besides the cakes which they are well known for, there is also a small selection of pies/quiches in a counter and a small menu with three or four savoury options on. However, a note said that they are all cooked from fresh and that you should expect to wait 15 minutes. As I was pushed for time on a lunch break, I did not have time to wait.

The cakes looked quite appealing, and were a bit more unusual than you get in many places. No Victoria Sponge, Coffee & Walnut cake or Millionaire’s Shortbread for example. Instead many of the options including vegetables, such as courgette along with the more usual carrot and there was also a good vegan selection. Other options included a chocolate and Guinness cake or a banana loaf with a salted caramel topping. Prices were certainly at the premium end of the scale with a carrot cake coming in at £3.20, and cup cakes at £2.75 for example.

I opted for that carrot cake and this was a generous portion with plenty of icing on the top. Not as sickly sweet as is sometimes the case, but it was tasty enough and had a good, crumbly texture. It included a few seeds both mixed in to the cake and scattered on top which gave it a bit of crunch as well. Quite impressed overall, and I would happily return to check out something else, but if you’re looking for something a bit more “mainstream” then it may not appeal.