All reviews blaise castle cribbs causeway modern bathroom small hotel charming hotel quiet area bus stop cooked breakfast excellent breakfast pleasant stay no lift walk in shower lovely room room was large road noise stayed for one night business trip
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A hotel with a lot of character! Absolutely lovely stay, will be visiting with my husband again very soon. On the Sunday, all us customers arrived to eat breakfast at the same time which was controlled immensely well by the staff. There was a young gentleman named Theo on reception who was called upon to help out in the restaurant as well as do his reception work. I hope he is informed on this review as he is an excellent employee to have at any business. 5 gold stars all round.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A very comfortable stay. My husband and I cam for the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The bedroom was very comfortable and the staff very pleasant and attentive. Good food in the restaurant. We shall be back!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

A hotel based in an old country house, the room was spacious and comfortable. This could have been a really lovely stay were it not for the service.

Don’t get me wrong the staff are very pleasant but.... I don’t know whether it’s the lack of training or experience that renders them about as efficient as Basil Fawlty. Breakfast service was a joke on both mornings, with staff shambling around, getting orders wrong, taking absolutely ages to produce very ordinary food. The first morning we preordered breakfast for 7 o’clock as we had to be out for work early. They couldn’t even produce this on time with 12 hours notice!

Visit, but make sure you allow a good hour for breakfast. And 3/4 of an hour to get served in the bar.

Trip type: Travelled on business
BestwesternHLH, Manager at Best Western Henbury Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Graeme
Thank you for your comment, we take our customers' feedback seriously to help us in improving our service. About your comments on breakfast - We normally serve breakfast from 8am on the weekend, you requested 7am which we agreed to. Yes, you put in your order the night before for 7am, from our part we got everything ready to serve your breakfast at 7am, unfortunately the first 2 of your group arrived at about 7.15 and the rest arrived between 7.20 and 7.35.We could not serve the breakfast if you were not at the table. I accept we have a new member of staff on the Sunday breakfast and would have made some mistakes, they can only learn by doing and from their mistakes - For that we are very sorry.
I am pleased you found the hotel lovely and we promise your experience next time will be better.

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Waited a silly amount of time to be served with a pint, it’s 10.15 and I have been waiting for 45 minutes ringing the phone and service bell. Total nonsense he then turns up and tells me there was not a problem being playing on FIFA 19

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Colin
Thank you for your review, we do value customers feedback as a way of improving our service. Whilst I appreciate your comments about having to wait to be serve with a pint, however, I believe the 45minutes was an exaggeration. The hotel was full over the weekend and everyone had gone out to their functions, the receptionist only went to the check something outside the hotel when you came to the bar and was less than 10minutes. We do not have FIFA 19 on site, so not sure how that came into it.
Nonetheless we are sorry your experience did not match your expectation.

Reviewed 30 October 2018

A small, comfortable hotel very near Blaise Castle. Ample parking, individually furnished bedrooms, modern well equipped bathrooms. Efficient, friendly staff. Quiet. Breakfast and evening meals available, plus a small bar although we chose to eat and drink elsewhere as it is a small, quiet hotel and therefore not much atmosphere. Ideal if you want a secluded place.

Date of stay: October 2018