2,395 results
All reviews park view city centre waffle maker car park temple meads station train station free wifi air con modern hotel excellent hotel min walk busy road cabot circus comfortable stay short stay full english comfy bed
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

What a lovely hotel with lovely friendly staff . Hotel room was well laid out with nice selection of teas and coffees and some nice toiletries. Bed were comfy. Unfortunately our Neighbours were very noisy the night we stayed but hotel was quick to sort out. 5 min walk to Cabot circus which has a great mall and lots of nice eateries and 3 min walk to train station to explore further a field. Highly recommend taking a train to bath if your there for a few days.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Gareth J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear Leanne G

Thank you for taking the time to say a few words on your recent stay at the hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our brilliant location in Bristol.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 8 October 2018

friendly check-in, clean, modern hotel. 5 mins walk from Bristol Temple Meads, 10 mins from central shopping area.
we had dinner on the Friday night - tasty burgers. Breakfast was great too - cook your own fresh waffles were the highlight! We were able to park right outside (for a fee).

Stayed: October 2018

Dear Lenslouse

Thank you ever so much for your five star review. I'm so glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and savoured our wonderful food offerings.

I will pass on your comments to all our team here at the Hotel

Regards

Gareth

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Relatively easy to find and navigate to. Good location, situated about 5 minutes of Temple Meads Station and within about 4 minutes of a large Wetherspoon pub the Knights Templar and quite close to a lot of other restaurants, pubs and cafes. However, I've had warmer receptions on arrival but I don't think they liked it when I questioned how much the parking was, £16, which I was informed was one of the cheapest in Bristol. Personally, and I've found this an ever growing issue, I really dislike finding a good price for a hotel, then finding there is an additional - often quite substantial - cost for parking but it isn't necessarily apparent. Please advertise it up-front and stop blaming the cost on second party car park companies when it's within your boundaries – mini-rant over. Now to the rooms, good standard, with everything you need but like with many chain hotels in a semi-bland way. While the hospitality tray had mostly good quality products, the coffee really, really, wasn't great, it's a shame that I don't drink decaf because that was Rombouts, no biscuits though. The bathroom had good quality toiletries and the towels were good but the toilet area was really quite cramped (it’s as small as it looks) and there wasn't a lot of room at the sink (again the photo says it all). While the shower was plenty big enough, with a door that made entry and exit easy, the pressure wasn't great. I didn't eat, so can't comment on the food and I only had one drink in the bar, which was a half of Stella Cidre for £2.60, which is about what you would expect in a hotel. Check-out was quick and uneventful. My overall rating would be good if that were an option (come on TripAdvisor), because it really was better than average but not to the very good level that I’ve marked it as.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight as part of a coach tour and felt disappointed by the evening meal , we queued for the two choice starter of pate or soup and they ran out of bread. We then queued for the two choice main course and it had been kept warm from the original meal time of 1800hrs we ate at 2000hrs . We felt like second class guests in a very good hotel . Check in was efficient and two members of staff in the bar and restaurant stood out for excellence , attentive and helpful , rescuing our evening . Michael & Tilla .
Room was immaculate .
Music in the dining room should either be turned off or system replaced , indiscernible and competing with the football on the TV . Not a great atmosphere when dining .

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Stayed for two nights as part of a coach tour. Room very clean. Had everything required: fridge, coffee/tea in room, hair dryer, & iron. Breakfast selection good. Lovely clean room, comfy bed. Shower temperature fluctuates. Restaurant food quality good. Overall, happy with the property.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Gareth J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear SuztQOntarioCanada

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay here at the Hilton Garden inn, I am very happy to see you enjoyed your stay here with us and hope you would choose to stay with us again should you return to Bristol.

Regards