1,954 results
All reviews river view glass boat privilege room separate bath and shower ncp car park superior room excellent location city centre good size mini fridge floating harbour lovely hotel st nicholas market bars and restaurants eggs benedict weekend break lovely room
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Great hotel. Perfect location on waterfront with great pubs and restaurants nearby. Tourist attractions a short stroll along the harbourside..staff really friendly.and helpful.NCP car park sat the rear.of hotel.bit expensive but you get 25% off if staying in hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
h6548am, Front Office Manager at Mercure Bristol Brigstow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear AnnieLincoln,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were looked after by our team so well.

I do hope we can welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2018

If you've got a car, you would be best off booking at a different hotel. Expensive overnight parking in the NCP. Difficult to get to in the one way system.

Hotel itself is centrally located.
Friendly staff
Got an OK room rate for the location, but with extras and location I would go elsewhere next time
Expensive breakfast with plenty of choice outside the hotel that offers better value.
Room OK, although was a disabled room with all the associated furniture and handles in the bathroom - I didn't request this.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Mike H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

My sincere apologies that our hotel fell short on this occasion for you, I have passed your comments on to our Management Team so that they may address the issues you raised.

I do hope you return in the future so that we can give a much better experience next time.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Its a chain; you know what you're getting. Breakfast was included in the rate but i'd suggest booking room only. It's quite chaotic as its in the bar, and breakfast items are laid out in seemingly random locations. The food itself was average at best. Its a convenient location and I had a good rate- best feature is that its opposite the Glassboat brasserie so even in poor weather only about 10 paces away!

Date of stay: August 2018

Dear Touslesrobinsons,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

My sincere apologies that our hotel fell short on this occasion for you, and that you feel disappointed in your stay.

I have passed your comments on to our Food and Beverage Department so that they may address the issues you raised.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

The room was fine though the TV had a speaker in the bathroom that didn't work - it made an annoying noise. I had particularly wanted a hotel with breakfast and I was careful to check that this was included when I booked with TripAdvisor. However, when I arrived at the hotel it turned out that breakfast wasn't in the package. I could have found a cheaper and more geographically convenient hotel had I known. The hotel staff said that this happened frequently with booking sites.

Room tip: Book direct with the hotel to make sure you get what you paid for.
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Mike H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I have passed your comments on to our Maintenance Team so that they may address the issues you raised.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We picked this hotel for a Saturday night stay mainly for its location within walking distance of a gig at the O2 Academy (approx 8 minutes walk) and nearby parking (hotel offers a discount at the NCP behind the hotel on Queen Caroline St). For the price paid we were expecting a good standard.

Room was generally fine with a very comfortable bed, fridge and modern TV. Several things not working: a/c, TV in bathroom (a bit gimmicky anyway), and carpeting and chairs had dirty marks on them. If we hadn't had such a rushed 1-night stay, I would have brought this to the hotel's attention and asked for a different room. The part of the room around the bed and the corridor seemed to have been refurbed, but the guestroom bathrooms are old and tired, as well as some of the public areas.

Breakfast was very busy, and we were lucky to get the last free table in the restaurant. Cooked to order items are available but we didn't want to risk a long wait so just used the buffet which was just average. The glass boat restaurant across the road looked good but alas not open on the Sunday morning we were there.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gordon2112

Dear Gordon2112,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I have passed these comments on to our Management Team so that they may address the issues you raised.

Regarding the hotel itself, we are indeed due a refurbishment, which we are hoping to plan for the beginning of next year.