“excellent Breton Fish Stew”

Cote Brasserie - Bristol Clifton Village
Ranked #98 of 1,843 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: French
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly.
Reviewed 15 June 2016

I been there last thursday with my girl friend , I ordered fish dish, mix of prawns,mussels and some vegetable,fish was cooked spot on,but ,leek was undercooked.
over all,9 out of 10.

2  Thank Ray D

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

Good food, extremely friendly and attentive staff.
My husbands steak was cooked just the way he'd asked for it. The asparagus was also perfectly cooked not, always achieved in restaurants.

Only negative was soggy pastry of tarte au citron but as I've been used to having them in France I'm hard to please on this one. My preferred courses are the starters and mains and on these I have no quibble.

I cannot compare to other Cote Brasseries as I have not experienced any but on this experience I would give them a try again in other cities.

2  Thank Flowerpot89
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

Came here for the first time for my 30th birthday breakfast. We were welcomed by a friendly male member staff.
I couldn't decide what I wanted everything sounded lovely but decided upon eggs Benedict and the French toast with fruit salad everything was delicious.
The poached eggs (which I'm really fussy about) were cooked to perfection and the French toast was really yummy also after we finished a lady member of staff made my birthday extra special by bringing me out a treat with a candle singing happy birthday to me! Thank you!
We can't wait to come back and try what's on the dinner menu!

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

This place is head and shoulders above others for quality for menu, quality of food, service, professionalism and ambience

3  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed 1 June 2016

My wife and I dined at the Cote Brasserie and it was a great experience. We had booked the table on-line via the web site which was really easy. On arrival we were greeted immediately even though it was a busy Friday night. Our table was ready on arrival and we were offered drinks and nibbles whilst we viewed the menu.

The atmosphere was great for a dinner for two but I think the wine also helped!

The service was good and the staff pleasant. All three food courses were above average and very enjoyable.

My only possible negative comment would relate to the small portion sizes.

Great evening, I would dine there again.

Date of visit: May 2016