1,934 results
All reviews the executive lounge cabot circus city centre castle park small balcony terrace bar bristol marriott air con leisure facilities ncp car park next door two double beds steam room public areas enjoyable stay sunday morning stayed here for one night weekend break
Reviewed 29 September 2018

First time I have visited Bristol and I am glad I got a taxi to the hotel as the train station is not centrally sited. Check in was easy and with the breakfast included in with the stay, I was in seventh heaven. The room was big and the bed comfortable. I even got complimentary biscuits, which you don't see much of anymore.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
PaigeF197, Front Office Manager at Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here at the Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre.
Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to strive to deliver exceptional service.
We very much hope to welcome you back to our hotel again soon, and if I can ever be of any assistance with future arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

I have been staying here for a good few years,nights probably in the hundreds now, platinum member.......don’t think I have ever been upgraded...perhaps all the rooms are pants?

Do your profile preferences in Marriott rewards ever get taken into account? Mine says room near lifts...today I couldnt be further from a lift unless they removed the wall at the end of the corridor.

Good points...it’s near Cabot Circus and the gym and lounge aren’t bad.

The wait for a lift is always intensely frustrating.

Marriott Royal much better and usually around same rate and they make an effort.

Trip type: Travelled on business
PaigeF197, Front Office Manager at Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay here.
Following on from your comments, my colleague Etienne Broomfield has emailed you directly.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so that we may restore your faith.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

This is our go to hotel when in Bristol. Well situated for the centre, with Cabot Circus on the doorstep. Parking is in the adjacent NCP for which you get a discounted rate through the hotel.
During our numerous stays over the last 6 years there have only been a few issues which have always been quickly resolved. This time a personal toiletry item was accidentally mixed up with the collection of used towels from the room. The front desk profusely apologised, replaced the item with an extra gift to make up for inconvenience. It is a fact of life that sometimes things don’t go the way they should- but it is the real test of good customer service as to how well an establishment resolves it to your satisfaction - or even goes beyond as they did in this case. One of the reasons why we will be returning again to this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I am so pleased to read your review and certainly makes our time and effort worth while when we hear positive comments like this. Thank you!

Reviewed 24 September 2018

This hotel is located in a very central position in Bristol.Very close to the train and bus stations. The hotel staff were very helpful check in was relatively stress free., The hotel room itself was a good size and had all you would need. Did not try the restaurant but the bar was a good place to spend a couple of hours after a busy day.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Spent 1 night here last week. The place is in need of a renovation. The rooms are tired and the furniture seems 20 years old. The carpets are worn and the bathroom appearance is not great. The staff here do their best to provide a good stay but the place is just old. The outside of the building looks like it needs a giant bath. Breakfast was OK. The concierge lounge is on 2 but I couldn’t find it and there are no signs so I went to bed. My sense is there are better choices in Bristol. Marriott even has another property in town that may be nicer.

Trip type: Travelled on business
PaigeF197, Front Office Manager at Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear rikwynn,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Bristol Marriott City Centre.

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointing aspects of your stay. Here at the hotel, we aim to provide our guests with an excellent hotel experience and we are so sorry to read that this was not the case during your stay with us. I am disappointed to read you could not find our concierge lounge - all of our facilities are on the Terrace floor, I am sorry this was not made clear to you on check in.

With regards to your comments about the feel of the hotel, we do try our utmost to keep our building and the decor well maintained. I apologise that you do not feel that this is the case during your stay and I can assure you that your comments have been taken on board and passed to our senior management team.

We hope we have the opportunity to better your experience with us if your travels bring you back to Bristol.

Best regards,