1,974 results
All reviews kiln restaurant double tree glass kiln warm cookies welcome cookie city centre on arrival train station lovely hotel temple meads station reception staff good size business trip breakfast was excellent car park enjoyable stay twin room
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Lovely modern hotel. The room was a bit small but was clean with a lovely shower and comfortable bed. The view wasn't great from the first floor, over dumpsters. We had two cars as we travelled from different places so the car park fee at £12.50 was extremely pricey for us. We were disappointed by the lack of a tea tray which meant we had to pay for our coffee at the restaurant which was also expensive, however the maitre du (who was really friendly and helpful) compensated us with some pastries. Check in and out was fast and friendly. No hairdryer in the rooms either.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I am sorry that you were a little disappointed with the car parking charges and the lack of facilities within your room. I am very surprised that you didn't have a tea tray or hair drier in your room. All of our rooms come with both items as standard but they are not "on display" in the rooms. You will find these items neatly stored within the drawers/storage in each of our rooms. As a centrally located hotel we do charge for car parking. However I feel that the rate we charge, £12.50 for a 24 hour period, represents good value. It is less than half the price that some of our competitors charge.

I was pleased that the members of staff you encountered were friendly and looked after you with some complimentary pastries. We have a Make It Right policy within the hotel. If a guest tells us that something is wrong, we will do our very best to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. it is very frustrating to sometimes read that guests may have encountered difficulties, such as not locating the tea tray, when if it had been brought to a staff member's attention, it would have been resolved very quickly.

I am very pleased that this didn't impact your enjoyment of your time in Bristol too greatly. I would like to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

Wonderful hotel, on arrival we were greeted very nicely by Emily and upgraded at a minute's notice and then handed our free cookies.Our room was perfect,size,decor,comfortability of beds,shower amazing and the view spectacular.Breakfast was probably the best from any hotel we have been to so much choice,presented and cooked perfectly with excellent staff.Whole hotel run superbly must have a good manager as all staff were happy and willing to help especially Emily & Zoe.Thanks for a wonderful weekend will be back for longer next time xx

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your time with us. It's fantastic to read that you had an excellent experience and have rewarded your stay with a solid 5/5 and recommendation. It's very much appreciated.

I am very pleased to read that you feel you had a really good experience with all the staff that you encountered. I have personally thanked Emily & Zoe for looking after you so well. The Cookies are very popular. We always have to ensure we have plenty spare, just in case people return for a second opinion.

I'm not surprised to read your positive comments about the breakfast in the Kiln restaurant. The Team are fantastic and the variety and quality of the food itself matches.

Once again a really big thank you for completing your review. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

Good service, clean and nice room. Exellent service at breakfast. Staff was helpful and inviting. Overall the experience was good, and we enjoyed our stay. Hotel is very well situated, 10 minutes walk to almost everywhere

Dear Guest

Thanks for completing your review of your stay.

I am always very pleased to read the positive comments regarding the quality of service the Team here delivers. It's very reassuring to read that you feel the team were helpful and inviting. A warm, friendly smile, is the starting point for excellent hospitality.

Our location makes us very popular for those visiting Bristol who want to get out and explore the city. Not stuck right in the heart of one particular area, we are just minutes away from all that Bristol has to offer.

I do hope that you will be visiting Bristol again in the near future. I would love to be able to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Staff were excellent and welcoming. Rooms are adequate and very clean. Water pressure was terrible though with a trickle of a shower. Breakfast was excellent, again great staff and lots of choice. Far better than many other Hilton breakfasts I've had.

Good location and parking available - complimentary for gold and diamond members.

Stayed: August 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your time at the hotel.

I'm always very pleased to read a title of a review like "Great Staff". I really think we have an excellent team here and I am pleased to read that you are in agreement with me.

I'm sorry that you weren't happy with the quality of the shower in your room. We are installing a brand new boiler system which should resolve this problem. The new system will be much more efficient and environmentally friendly than the system its replacing.

I do hope that you will choose to come and stay with us in the future. I hope that you will notice a distinct improvement in the water pressure and that may result in your next review being even better.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

No aircon on in night when you need it the most every disappointed and it's not the first time it has happened but all the staff were friendly and professional service like to have a lot more nights in this hotel if the aircon working in the night

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing a review of your stay with us.

I'm really pleased that you felt you had a near perfect stay but a little surprised about the aircon comments. All our rooms are fitted with aircon and I am not aware that we had any difficulties with specific rooms. I have asked my Maintenance Manager to look into what you have described.

I am very please that this did not completely detract from your experience and that my colleagues were able to assist you accordingly.

Once again, a really big thank you for your scoring us with 5/5. I do hope that you will be returning to Bristol very soon.