2,498 results
All reviews college green drawing room junior suite leisure club car park sauna and steam room leisure facilities lovely hotel city centre public areas per day reception staff breakfast was excellent saturday night family room bars and restaurants lovely room
Reviewed 15 October 2018

A well placed central hotel with a car park - although at £16 its very expensive! A very nice well refurbished room with a opening window of sorts. Nicely appointed room with a nice level of comfort. The bathroom lighting is a disaster if you need to have a shave or anything else near the mirror, what a shame that someone didn't think about lighting the mirror. I hope that the lifts will be refurbished in due course... not good. But a decent stay in the centre of Bristol

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a night out with friends in Bristol, hence a one night stay at the Marriott Royal Hotel.
This is a good place to stay as it is right in the centre of Bristol with its own parking, however this not cheap £16 a night and that's the guests rate.
The hotel is quite an impressive building, currently undergoing some refurbishment so be warned. Whilst we had a beer and snacks, guys were installing ply partitioning between the bar and reception, which if you were having a meal would have been off putting.
(I was impressed that they still had guys working on site after 4pm on Friday!)
The room we had was a decent size with all the usual bits & bobs and most importantly a comfortable bed.
Other than the building works and the random knock on the door at 9am asking what time we were leaving (checkout was at 11am) this hotel provides all the facilities and service you need at a reasonable price for its city centre location.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2018

The hotel is clearly having a lot of work done to it so it wasn't perhaps looking its best but still had a great stay.
Was really only staying there because we had to be in Bristol but the amazing staff made it feel like a little holiday.
Happened to be my son's 9th birthday. The reception obviously got wind of this and on returning from breakfast he found a slice of cake, two hand written cards and a shower of balloons!
Lots of smiley staff on hand through out the hotel.
Well done all round.

Stayed: October 2018
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

The "Royal" Marriott in Bristol was a disappointment.

First was checkin. We were checked-in by Jules. We walked in at roughly 1pm carrying bags and I gave my surname, since that's usually the first step in reception facilitating checkin. Her response was to ask what we needed. When I said to checkin, she replied "checkin is at 4pm". So much for a warm greeting.

We were eventually checked in, but there was no eye contact and it was completely mechanical. I asked my friend, who I was meeting if he had the same impression, and he agreed it was very odd.

The room, which was newly renovated was decent, although they've adopted the practice of sealing the windows, so you have no way to get fresh air into the room.

That said, it was clean and the bedding decent.

During the first few hours of our stay we were in and out several times. During that time there we a couple of rooms with what appeared to be room service debris outside them. In spite of the passage of several hours, it remained in the hall.

When we checked out, and there was literally nobody else in the lobby, the reception desk never asked if we had a decent stay. No thanks. Just, "you're all set."

In all the hotel has the feel of a place that survives on it's location and the Marriott brand. Because the staff encountered during our stay gave no indication of caring whether we were satisfied or not.

A shame. I had reserved a room for a Bristol event in May. But I'll take my business elsewhere in the hope of feeling appreciated.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Heidi M, Front Office Manager at Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear TimFargo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Following your comments I can clearly see that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I do sincerely apologize.

The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to provide. I would love the opportunity to hear more about your recent stay in an effort to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.

Please let me know the best contact number and time to reach you, or feel free to contact me via phone anytime at 0117 9255100. I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your confidence in the Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel.

Heidi Mobbs
Front Office Manager
Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel
heidi.mobbs@marriotthotels.com
0117 9255100

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

My Girlfriend and i recent stayed at this hotel on 5/10/18 for 1 night. As soon as we walked into the lobby we were greeted by Heidi.

We were around 3 hours early for check in but Heidi still managed to find us a very lovely room (1003) for an early check in!

Shortly after settling in to our room, we were surprised by a knock at the door amd being presented with a bottle of wine and a birthday card!even more surprised to see it was not there cheapest wine on the menu, which many other hotels would give you.

The refurbished room was very nice not quite a 'river view' but still that didn't really matter.

Next time i stay in Bristol i will certainly be staying here once again! Perfect from beginning to the end.

Thankyou