All reviews street art hanging space leisure facilities sauna and steam room lovely bar large shower walk in shower car park next door christmas party fire alarm both mornings fantastic stay stayed for two nights family room location is excellent full english self service
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Despite being historic, the hotel makes the most of its old layout with lifts to all floors. The bed rooms are spacious with large beds and the bathrooms are immaculate. The staff were extremely helpful, polite & accommodating. The Conference facilities and their layout were a tad odd, but the access for those with walking difficulties, whilst better than some hotels, was not optimum between room venues/floors. The main problem was the restaurant/kitchen where we five waited up to an hour between ordering and receiving our evening meals; burgers are not rocket science after all! I am not sure this delay would be acceptable in Seattle. Breakfasts were good & better organised. Overall, a pleasant experience to go with a terrific Conference.

Room Tip: Some rooms front onto Broad St. My room was quiet, around the side, overlooking the back of an old church. The A/c was unobtrusive.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Dreamer796790, General Manager at Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. Your comments will be passed onto the team, who I know will be very pleased.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Bristol Grand very soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Updated rooms are great and the reception team are super helpful.
Strange that the bar closes at 1230 (even for residents) and breakfast service needs attention (just sloppy standards - like tables not wiped and cutlery not refreshed when staff standing near the bar chatting).
Would definitely book again and that includes the conference and meal for 100 people that was a great event.
Special thanks to Edwin Henrry Ramos Ruth who returned my forgotten headphones to me so quickly they almost got back to Yorkshire before me - THANK YOU

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments will be passed onto the team, who I know will be very pleased. Your specific mention of Edwin Henrry Ramos will be passed onto him.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Bristol Grand very soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times in the past and it has been okay but nothing special.
Stayed there last weekend and was very impressed by the huge improvements to both the hotel and the staff. It is obvious that there has been extensive (and stylish) refurbishment and I was told that it is under new management too.
Rooms were very comfortable, very clean and surprisingly well furnished. The breakfast was excellent. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The hotel has a great bar.
From my experience I would say that it is very easy to recommend this hotel to others visiting Bristol on business or pleasure.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Dear AllanWPWall,

Thank you for your review, we are all delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. I was particularly pleased to read that you appreciated the new style and look of the hotel.

We hope to have the pleasure of your company again when you return to Bristol.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

This could and should be an outstanding hotel. It is well situated, has a good mix of modern and stylish décor. There is parking close by. But it was let down by some aspects. Breakfast on the first morning was chaotic there didn't appear to be enough space for all the guests, I thought the choice was limited. If staying again I wouldn't have breakfast here but would probably go to the Wetherspoons minutes away. It would be cheaper with more options. Also when we came back to the hotel at about 2:30 after a day shopping in the rain our room hadn't been serviced. We decided to go for a drink in the bar to give the staff a chance to do the room. We returned to the room @ 3 o'clock and it still hadn't been done. After 2 phone calls and a visit to the front desk the room was finally serviced at 4 o'clock. The front desk did redeem themselves somewhat on checkout by waiving the cost of parking and adding enough points to my reward card to cover a stay at any accor hotel. If I am in Bristol again I would stay here but I would not book breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

After a booking mess up at another hotel ... I needed to find a room very last minute, having phoned numerous hotels ( lots - who knew Bristol was so popular on a Tuesday night!!!) I phoned this hotel & the other 2 Mercures in Bristol directly who both told me “ no room at the Inn!” - much later I found that there was an OTT priced room at the Grand. I wasn’t in a position to be choosy despite colleagues not giving a rave reviews previously.

It was as a pretty small room - but I just wanted to slump onto the bed & watch a bit of tv, have a shower , go to bed so no drama really.

But the tv didn’t have good reception, breaking up ... bit grim, bathroom old fashioned but ok bit peeling paint around bath.

My breakfast was a defining moment .....
2 brown toast = 1 toast , 1 Un toasted slice
Hot milk = teapot of cold milk (?)
Tomato juice = orange juice
Fruit salad = bowl of water melon with 1 piece of pineapple & 1 piece galia melon

It was hysterical - like a mad hatters breakfast.

I stay for work in Bristol every week - this will not be on my list again.

Seemed like a very bizarre hotel load bar , quite modern & then rooms out of the 80’s.

Staff quite pleasant.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you experienced. Your comments will be reviewed in detail with the necessary department managers and the corrective actions will be taken.

I do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.