“Brilliant celebration of Easter 2018”
Review of Greens Restaurant

Greens Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 1,851 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$14 - US$43
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We went back to Greens as it is definitely one of my favourite restaurants in Bristol. there were four of us dining and we all enjoyed the experience. I started with a very good soup of roast squash, truffle oil and pumpkin seeds. It had been altered to cater for my non-milk diet , so a big thank you for that. For the main course my wife and I shared roast duck breast, cauliflower, Wye Valley asparagus and brandy cherry sauce plus a side of hand cut chips. Definitely to be recommended.

1  Thank PaulRGod

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I found this restaurant when looking for a fine dining but good value lunch in Bristol.
We really could not fault the food or the service, both were excellent! It was just a shame that it was really lacking atmosphere - however, maybe this was because we went on a Thursday lunchtime when most people are at work!

If anyone wonders, parking is on the road and we managed to find a spot quite easily.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

myself and OH had a fantastic lunch here recently. The portions are so large that I didn't have room for desserts.
Starter for me was the sea bream in escabeche (oily vegetable stew with saffron). Sea bream was sublime and a very decent portion for a starter. OH had the hash cake with poached egg - fine dish as well. Main course for her was goulash with dumplings - a very rich dish and again a big hearty meal, a little overseasoned but tasty nonetheless.
My main was superb - best chicken kiev imaginable, well worth the price of the lunch alone and a must have if visiting this restaurant for lunch.
We shared a sticky toffee pudding between us but we struggled to polish it off. Nice pudding but needed more cream - these are very minor quibbles though.
It is a lovely dining space with friendly efficient service and they serve an enticing menu of well cooked dishes - will definitely be back and amongst the best lunches i have had in Bristol.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I came here with my boyfriend when visiting Bristol for the weekend. We normally find it difficult to go places that offer more of the ‘fine dining’ experience that we can both enjoy, as I am vegan and he is not, but we both had delicious food. I was very impressed that after confirming they had vegan options when booking, they presented me with a vegan menu on arrival and remembered throughout; no need for me to keep asking or reminding them which was a lovely touch. I loved all three of my course, my partner particularly enjoyed his chocolate dessert although mentioned his steak for main was not as tender as he had hoped, but perhaps that was bad luck as all the other food was excellent.

The restaurant itself is small and decorated with twinkly lights and just generally perfect atmosphere for a relaxing evening. Thank you to the staff for such a lovely experience and we hope to be back again!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Again this was an enjoyable evening. There is a very warm welcome when you enter and this immediately sets you in the right mood. We had a shared potted crab starter - very tasty but it didn't particularly taste much of crab to me. We both had fish main courses (hake and plaice) and these were divine. Absolutely perfectly cooked with an unusual and tasty side of kohl rabbi done as a kind of veggie spaghetti. We decided to have an Irish coffee to finish - almost perfect except it was a tad too sweet for me (not having a very sweet tooth) - but enjoyable all the same. Will definitely be going back.