“Great coffee and amazing cookie”

Patisserie La Reine
Ranked #21 of 34 Dessert in Bristol
Price range: US$1 - US$6
Description: Wholesaler and Supplier of hand-crafted French Patisserie. We are a family run business specialising in French desserts, dedicated in helping you create & celebrate 'moments' of your life, be it births & birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, gatherings, event catering and indulgent occasions. We are with you every step of the way
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Love place with friendly staff and great coffee I also had a delicious cookie. The prices and quality are far superior to any of the big chains. I will be back to try one of the large selection of tasty looking cakes!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Me and my friends went to have breakfast and we enjoyed it a lot, the lady who was serving was very nice and joyful. Good price and good quality. Very nice bagles. Coffee was ideal with a wide range of milk to choose and very tasteful. We'll come back.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018

Awful service, and a young girl under 16 was doing most of the work while her older counterparts procrastinated. Orders were being taken wrong and there was a long wait. It took nearly 10 minutes to get 5 macarons.

When I got the macarons they were some of the worst I have ever had. The filling was fine enough, but the shells were dry and cracking in my fingers, even after letting them come to room temperature. Hardly deserves the name of a patisserie.

Wish I saved my money and time.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We nipped into La Reine to get some of their delicious looking macarons to take away. The man behind the counter was very helpful and recommended a few flavours, including the salted caramel and the pistachio. I picked a salted caramel and praline for myself and a mandarin for my husband, which was the one the baby promptly squished.

Due to this squishing the baby and I shared the mandarin, which had a lovely chocolatey-orange flavour, and my husband had the praline later with a cup of tea. The flavours we picked were all quite sweet so they went well with a cuppa.

I would definitely visit La Reine again to try some more of their cakes. It is conveniently located in Bristol centre and we did enjoy our macarons.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

The time of day (I hope!) determines how much choice you have, because by their nature the cakes and pastries here have to be eaten same day. The Friday lunchtime I was here had a good selection remaining made in traditional french style with high quality ingredient in a convivial atmosphere. The raspberry croissant was a novelty and surprisingly good as was the pistachio fresh cream choux ring.