“Amazing! So sad I live on the other side of the world.”
Review of BOX-E

BOX-E
Ranked #3 of 1,847 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$18 - US$50
Description: Seasonal modern British cooking in a pair of shipping containers with just 14 seats and a further four at our 'kitchen table' where we serve a tasting menu.
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I can’t remeber a more perfect dinner and I’m so happy my boyfriend booked this place for my birthday. We had the raw steak with sesame, the smoked trout for entrees and the Haka and lamb for main. Plus the chocolate mousse. The balance between flavours was just perfect. Great meal sizes (I don’t like feeling absolutely stuffed at the end of a meal). And I really didn’t think it was expensive at all. £90 for all the food and alcohol and coffee. I’m devistated that I live in Australia as if this was my local I’d be there weekly for sure.
Don’t miss this cute, amazing restaurant, with an extremely talented chef.
(No pics, I was to busy eating).

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Lively location with a buzzy vibe. Friendly welcome. Imaginative cuisine prepared in an open tiny kitchen .Care, detail and attention. Good wine selection. Tasty salt marsh lamb. Hake dish was beautifully cooked. Limited menu meant all food was fresh and seasonal. Thoroughly recommend. Good value for high quality experience.

1  Thank sagittarius7Middx
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

On Thursday last week I had the pleasure of sitting at the Chef’s table and enjoying the taster menu put together by Elliot and his team.

Not only was every dish delicately made, it was flavoursome and every bite was savoured. Elliot had asked us for any food items that we were allergic too or had a strong dislike towards....he tailored the taster experience to us. Special mention goes to the front of house staff who were impeccable throughout the evening and had a great knowledge of both the food and drinks menu.

For anyone thinking about heading out for dinner, this is the perfect spot.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

What a special place, especially on a sunny evening to sit outside and watch air balloons drift by.
The food is amazing, all of a very high standard, freshly prepared and delicious. I had the chopped raw fillet of steak for starter which came with freshly baked bread. For main I had the lamb which was so tasty and cooked perfectly. I also tried the hake which was delicious. The wine is expensive and the food is pricy, however this is somewhere to go for a treat and that is what you get. Staff were lovely. There's a reason this is in the TripAdvisor top 4 of Bristol restaurants. So pleased I've experienced it and would totally recommend.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Began our summer holidays with a visit for lunch to Box E whilst having a stop over in Bristol. This restaurant had been on our radar for some time and The Observer review pushed us to get booked in.

We visited on a wet Saturday afternoon, the restaurant is tiny but we still had more space than a recent trip to the Chefs Table in Chester, no problem.

The tasting menu was not advertised but we asked and we received - some of the finest food we have sampled for a long time. Raw fillet of beef, beetroot with goats curd, the best cheese and spuds you will possibly ever sample, local lamb served very pink (perfection) and a beautiful piece of hake. A cheeseboard and desserts of pannacotta and chocolate mousse with cherries finished off a sublime meal.

To compliment an amazing food journey we picked a very unusual but memorable Riesling, this one is bold but wow hold onto your tastebuds!!

Box E delivered on all levels, an Indie doing its own thing and smashing it, very accomplished cooking without the stuffiness of a Michelin starred experience. Travel arrangements turned on their head so we can pay a return visit 10 days later, that’s the quality here.

2  Thank DLMinskip