“Surprisingly good!”

Firewood Grill and Gelato - Halal
Ranked #907 of 1,828 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Description: Halal Restaurant in Central Bristol serving Freshly Grilled Meals. -Gourmet Beef Burgers, -Flame Grilled Chicken Burgers/Wraps or on the Bone with Homemade Sauces, -Gelato Ice Cream, -Fresh Belgian Waffle, -Fresh Juice.
Reviewed 1 July 2018

My friend and I had Groupon vouchers for burger and a drink, and gelato. It was a very hot day, the man who greeted us was very friendly and helpful. We opted to sit in the window downstairs as it seemed a little cooler. Our grandchildren had told us it probably wasn't what we would like, but we were both pleasantly surprised. The burgers - wechose avocado and beef were very fresh and very tasty, as was the ice cream. The lady who served us was pleasant and helpful. The kitchen looks very small and hot, but the food was served quickly and well. If I had a complaint it was that the coffee could have been hotter.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

My friends are always going so I was excited the first time I went.

I wasn't feeling very hungry so instead of getting a burger, I opted for nachos and asked what that included.

The guy stated everything I expected, the tortilla chips, salsa, jalapenos, cheese and so on so I was under the illusion that I was getting the whole deal.

When my order came to my table, in a fries basket as a bowl (which I think is cute) they had chilli heatwave Doritos and sliced jalepenos on top next to a cheese dip.

Extremely disappointed as that was not what I was told prior to receiving my order.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Quiet café and an outside seat, just one small table which I grabbed. Burger for me was just average but my partner enjoyed his. Mine was covered in a sickly vinegary mustard which I couldn't scrape off (so I suggest you say beforehand if you don't want them to add condiments). However I found the service to be friendly and prompt and the banana milkshake was lovely, made with fresh fruit.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Brought the Groupon voucher. 4 burger n fries for £21. Walked in and greeted by a friendly man. With a Groupon voucher you have to prebook so when we turned up he took a pic of the voucher. He said choose from the menu. It felt like we were at a takeaway and in the end I had to ask if we could sit down and eat. Which was fine. We went upstairs and chose a table. Chose food and went back down to order. As there was only 3 of us out of the 4 ordering we were given the option to have a scoop of icecream in replacement of another meal. Great idea. Would recommend doing this is if booking for 3 people as it works out cheaper all round.
Pros... good customer service. Friendly staff. Food was hot and tasty. Plates were clean. Can't comment on cutlery as didn't use. Ice cream (gelato) wasn't as tasty as I hoped it would be. Food also came out pretty quick.
Cons... restaurant in places were filthy. Toilet was the worst I've ever seen! I didn't even feel safe washing my hands in there. If you can hold on and wait till you get home do so. Upstairs was filthy in places too. The milkshakes that we ordered weren't really milkshakes they were milk with blended fruit. Not to my taste. Dont think I'd visit again oif coming back to bristol. Sorry.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We went with children and ate a lot of food. The burgers and the flamed chicken were tasty. The service was very friendly and helpful.