“Disaster ”
Review of L'Osteria

L'Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #254 of 1,828 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Description: "Pizza e Pasta" - prepared according to traditional Italian recipe. The pizza is huge an can be ordered with different toppings on each half, what makes it a perfect meal to share between two. The fresh pasta is from own production and served "al dente". In addition, there's a weekly menue with seasonal meals.
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We came in for a late dinner, I ordered the lasagna and my girlfriend had the tagliolini neri del (special), we didn't have to wait too long for the food to arrive. My girlfriend's dish looked good but when she ate it, she said it tasted quite bland and watery. She tried to improve it with salt and pepper but it didn't help and she ate less than half of her dish. I ordered the lasagna the sauce was very dry felt it was over cooked had no taste whatsoever, I also ordered the raspberry soda which they ran out of and still tried to charge me for at the end, they removed it when I notified them. I expected the food standard to be the same regardless of the time whether it be 7pm or 10pm, safe to say I won't be returning disappointing.

LOsteria_UK, Manager at L'Osteria, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear we did not meet expectations on your recent visit to us.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

The setting was excellent the staff were all very proffesional, very helpful and friendly. The garlic bread was delicious melted in your mouth followed by the best Hawian pizza I have ever had then the desert ( 2 small deserts together) taramasu and panacota were pur heaven to finish the capachino was perfect I will be back planning a holiday now for nextvyearvto visit again

1  Thank Jack S

Hi Jack,
Great to hear you are enjoying the L’Osteria experience and we will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to the staff and the chefs. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Well worth the visit and we will be back, the staff were very attentive and helpful, the food was excellent and the atmosphere perfect for an early evening meal with family and friends.

1  Thank j w

Hi,
Thank you for your great comments, we will be sure to pass them onto the staff and the chefs. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve been in Osteria 5/6 times, the first two times was wonderful, very good impression , food amazing and very good customer service. The other occasions was just an horrible experience, food in general is not too bad (can be much better) , the main issue is about the staff! Everybody rush to get your order and then disappear or avoid eye contact for ages! We stayed at our table with the dirty plates for 45 minutes waiting for someone to take them off and ask about dessert. You just feel lost at your table , and if some waiter is coming to pay attention to your request, it’s never gonna be the right thing that you asked for ! Always something is missing or some order is wrong .
My conclusions: I’m not gonna come back . I gave you 6 shots guys !

1  Thank Blondie77bristol55

Hi,
We thank you for your feedback as it helps us to establish where we need to make further improvements.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here 3 times now and every time I’ve been very impressed by the food. They cook everything fresh and to order and this is obvious by the taste. Some times because of this the wait can be a little long but it’s worth the waiting time hands down. Compared to places like Bella Italia and Frank and Bennys this wins on food quality hands down. I’ve always found the service they offer to be great also dispite it being slow. I would highly recommend this over any of the other Italian places I’ve been and the price is reasonable too.

1  Thank Kevin P
LOsteria_UK, Manager at L'Osteria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Hi Kevin,
Great to hear you are enjoying the L’Osteria experience, and we are pleased that on your numerous visits to us, we have not disappointed. We thank you for your feedback on service and will be taking your comments on board.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.