“Amazing! Best brunch in Bristol”
Review of Ceres Coffee

Ceres Coffee
Ranked #13 of 1,847 Restaurants in Bristol
Description: Ceres Coffee , A small independent bringing Melbourne's famous brunch and cafe culture to the heart of Bristol's Stokes Croft. Come in for delicious Square Mile coffee, great food and drink 7-days-a-week, 8am-3pm. We also run our fantastic supper club Tuesday-Saturday 18:00-22:30 bringing inspired beautiful menus that change every few days to reflect what’s fresh from local markets in Bristol straight to your plate.
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I ate here today and it was incredible. If you’re staying anywhere near the centre of Bristol then it’s definitely worth a visit, the walk will be worth it I promise! The staff were super friendly and attentive. The food so so fresh and delicious and it was quick efficient service. We spoke to the owner and head chef on our way out and he told us he used to work at Milk in Balham, London which was also another fav restaurant of ours. We’re so glad we found him as his food is incredible and so filling we had brunch at about 11am and I’m still full now at almost 6pm. Couldn’t fault anything about this place, just go.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

very simple menu, expertly chosen and put together. very good ingredients cooked well and presented. pleasant surroundings again simple and functional decor. services was a little strecthed as the evening went on, which mostly due to how popular the place is. highly recommend, we would happily return again.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

I’m a regular at Ceres...certainly twice a week, and now bring my girlfriend when she is in Bristol, meet friends here, and tell ANYONE who cares to listen that the food here is SENSATIONAL. The chefs are clearly passionate about creating dishes that are great tasting and presented beautifully, without the pretentiousness that often accompanies great food. Prices are very reasonable for the quality of food. The team make their own bread, have the best hollandause sauce I have ever tasted and the team are all so friendly. The BYO alcohol option for evening dinner makes this an affordable, must visit evening destination. If I could eat here daily I would, I can’t praise it any higher than that.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

The service was attentive and welcoming. We advised the FOH that we needed to be finished to leave by a certain time and they pulled it off.

The food was of high quality and showed a great level of understanding in the kitchen.

Only small pieces of constructive feedback:

The portion size of the 2 starters (Leek and Chicken Hearts) were vastly different, we felt the Leek would've benefited from a piece of grilled toast or something to mop up the sauce.

The Short Rib main maybe lacked something sharp cutting through the cabbage such as a hint of Cranberry.

Overall, pretty much faultless and very accommodating.
Definitely somewhere that the Bristol food scene needs to be more welcoming of and more enthusiastic towards.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

I’ve tried a lot of brunch places in Bristol and this is hands down the best!
The dinner is also amazing too, plus BYOB so great value!!

Date of visit: August 2018