“Just wonderful.”
Review of Wilsons Restaurant

Wilsons Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 1,847 Restaurants in Bristol
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Delicious amuse bouche, delicious main, delicious truffle honey cheese to finish things off. And excellent service. Bring cash if you want to tip, as the card machine won't prompt you to do so. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 25 August 2018

I am not sure which is the best restaurant in Bristol. It is a close call between this, Wilsons, and Wallfish in Clifton, with Wilks (across the road from Wilsons) a more refined but more expensive close competitor. This was not my first visit to Wilsons, and hopefully there will be many more. It is just my ideal restaurant: small, informal, no printed menu (just a blackboard with today's selection on one wall and another with the wine list on the opposite wall), great service, wonderful innovative food. And I like the way the chef runs out with little extras midway through the meal. In this case, to add to my mains of roe buck, little sausage rolls made from the offal of the deer. On this trip the highlight was the starter: "raw beef, oysters". Which turned out to be the best steak tartare of my life with little blobs of an oyster mousse on top. Terrific.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I visited Wilsons last night for the first time. I left thinking “what took me so long?” and “How quickly can I go back?!”

Wilson’s is a small, intimate space. Unassuming. This allows the food and wine to speak for themselves. And it doesn’t just speak, but sings and shouts from the rooftops in Chandos Road!

The menu is highly creative, offering up a meat, fish and vegetarian option for starters and mains. What arrives with an understated flourish (if there can be such a thing!) looks and tastes every bit as appetising as it sounds on the chalk board. Nothing anyone ordered in my party of 4 did less than delight.

Great wine list too, with an emphasis on affordable gems rather than the ‘usual suspects’ found elsewhere, often at exorbitant prices.

I think for me what set Wilsons apart was having a view of the kitchen and seeing the sheer hard graft, the care and attention with which food was prepared, plated and served. It really mattered to them, and that paid dividends aplenty.

I loved it, in case you hadn’t fathomed. What’s NOT to love about Wilsons?!

Now...when can I go back?

Reviewed 16 August 2018

A small restaurant with personal service. I love short menus with fresh produce that so much love and care go into. The staff were very welcoming and went to great lengths to accommodate my dietary needs. Superb wine list and enjoyed the Simcic Ribolla from Slovenia. Looking forward to another visit next time i'm in Bristol

1  Thank helenf779
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Very good food, the pigeon was fantastic. The place is worth the trip! A little bit of effort and could get a star