US$96
US$69
Expedia
US$105
US$98
The Whoop Hall(Kirkby Lonsdale)
US$117
  • Pool
Travelodge Kendal(Kendal)(Great Value!)
US$66
Travelodge
US$128
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroll top bathgastro pubhuge bathroomfish and chipspuddingbar areacomfy sofasmain courselovely atmosphereon arrivalspecials boardlambate heretorsin roomsunday lunchpoached eggssouth lakes
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Food is good. Ambiance? NO. Badly designed dining hall. Waiting to be served........Unacceptably long.
Considering the quality of the food, I may go back again but who ever owns the place “Pull your socks up please”

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night in the room called Harrington. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable with excellent bath and shower.
All the staff where helpful and pleasant and made us feel genuinely welcome. The food was good although service in the restaurant in the evening (Sat. Night) was a bit slow.
Would recommend this place.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for Sunday lunch. Lovely place but service was very slow.
We ordered our starters which actually came very promptly, after about 40mins our starter plates hadn't been cleared. I went to bar to ask what was happening as another couple had been, ordered, been served and left in this time.
The lad behind the bar went to chase up our food, after 5 mins they cleared the plates, another 10mins after that our food came. Literally mins before I was going to ask for my money back and leave.
We were given no explanation or even an apology. Very disappointed as this place was recommended by family.
The food was good, but the carrots with my Sunday lunch were cold. We weren't even offered condiments!
As good as I think this place could be, I don't think we will be going back.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Went midweek so the pub was fairly quiet. We both had a main and a pudding. All very tasty. Couldn't fault the food and the young man serving us was attentive and efficient.
Overall an enjoyable experience and we won't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Called in on a lunch time over bank holiday without booking- very friendly welcome.Lots of choice, plenty of specials, and lots of gluten free meals- always a good indicator I find of somewhere which serves fresh home-made food. Drinks were quality- pride is clearly taken in the ales on offer and a huge variety of gins. Between four of us we had a few starters to share and a different main each- all were very tasty. Although it was very busy the staff were very attentive throughout. I would definitely recommend, would be great for a special occasion as it's a beautiful pub!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family