Book In Advance
Tours from Ocean EcoVentures Whale Watching tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Ocean EcoVentures Whale Watching
from US$110.50
More Info
from US$215.23
More Info
All reviews killer whales whale watching captain simon transient whales knew exactly where super pod these guys amazing experience four hours great trip his knowledge beautiful sunset sea lions memorable trip resident pods see whales survival suits
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Staff has a ton of knowledge and experience. Very respectful of the environment and Eco conscious. Equipment provided is top notch (including gloves - goggles and toque). Garry and his first mate provided us with an experience beyond expectations. For sure a day we will never forget

oceaneco, Front Office Manager at Ocean EcoVentures Whale Watching, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Thank you for your kind review! Captain Gary and Tasli are very passionate about the Salish Sea, and they love sharing that with our passengers. I'm glad you have a great trip and that you have memories that you'll enjoy forever.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Before I review the tour itself, I just want to say our guide/researcher is what made this tour exceptional. I've been on lots of whale watching tours and I have never met a more passionate guide when it comes to whales. He is extremely knowledgeable and enjoyed his time with the whales as much as the guests.

Simon said we were lucky the whales were swimming under the boat and with us and we got to watch the transient orcas feed on a harbour seal. He was never in a rush to leave and really let us enjoy the experience to the fullest.

1  Thank Julie O
OceanEcoVentures, Manager at Ocean EcoVentures Whale Watching, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thanks very much! That it so kind of you to say. We truly believe our captains passion and knowledge for what they do is one of the qualities that sets us apart from many other companies. It's so good to read that one was of the aspects of the tour that impressed you the most.

Thanks again and glad you had a great trip with us!

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Great day starting with a close encounter! Couple of family units! Never disappointed with this company!!!

Thanks!! Really appreciate the review. Glad you had a great day.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I took two of our grand daughters out yesterday for a very special occassion to hopefully see a whale. Coming from Calgary they were excited, but after nearly an hour of motoring they were ready to return. They were expecting whales from the moment we left the dock, not that we had to go and find them!
Well did Simon ever deliver. When he slowed down because of the report of a minke nearby the girls suddenly looked up just in time to see it surface.
Five minutes later two Orcas were seen off the starboard bow and for the next 45 minutes we followed as they dove and surfaced, occassionly thrashing some kill which we fortunately couldn't see.
The stellar sea lions were a nice desert to the day.
When we returned home the girls were buzzing with excitement to call their parents and little sister with OMG you won't believe what we saw today.
Definitely worth the run out.
I highly reccommend this adventure for everyone.

1  Thank Richard P
OceanEcoVentures, Manager at Ocean EcoVentures Whale Watching, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you so much! I'm really glad they had a good time. I was on the other boat that day and it was really cool to watch those two bulls eating for our whole encounter! I hope that experience stays with them and they continue to be passionate about whales and the ocean. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Lots of respect for the animals and tour guides with lots of knowledge. Time of the tour really depends on the time it takes to see the whales (if they are far away the tour will just take some longer). The atmosphere was also perfect from early on, seems to me way better than the commercial tours from Victoria. I would definitely advise to choose for Ocean Ecoventures Whale Watching!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you so much! We really feel like we offer a different tour and different vibe up here in Cowichan compared to going whale watching out of the city. I'm glad you felt the same way. We have very passionate staff who live and breath whales and are always so excited to share their knowledge with our passengers. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review.