Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol(Schiphol)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$95
永安旅遊
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
1,645 results
All reviewsthe executive loungemoving sidewalksdiamond membercorner roomairport schiphollounge accesscovered walkwaylobby barunder coverconvenient locationmodern hotelan upgradeexcellent hotelearly checkgreat showerovernight staymorning flight
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

On a recent trip my flight was delayed and I had to stop over in Amsterdam overnight instead of the intended 1 hour and 20 minutes.
At arrival in Amsterdam and was given a voucher for an overnight stay at the Hilton.
It is quite a long walk from the terminal to the hotel but still at a great location. It's something to bear in mind when walking to the terminal if you're catching a flight to give yourself enough time.

I arrived at the hotel and there was a dedicated queue for travellers whose flight were delayed and a separate queue for guests that had booked in advance so it didn't disrupt their service. There was a bit of a wait, but to be expected as there were a lot of people that needed to be checked in. We were offered some water while we waited, which I thought was very thoughtful.
It's never a pleasant thing when your journey is delayed unexpectedly and we were all tired and it made the wait a little more bearable.

Check in staff explained everything well, how to use the lift, meal options, etc. and I made my way to the room.

The hotel decor and the building itself is fantastic. I took a lot of pictures. The room was big, very clean and the bathroom was also a great size.

There was a desk and more comfortable seating area, everything you needed in the room.

There was a mini bar which offered complementary water bottles, as well as a good choice of other options, however these came at an extra cost.

We were offered an evening meal at the restaurant and when I arrived the staff directed me to the back section of the restaurant where there was a buffet prepared for us.
The only thing I was not keen on was that there were long tables which were shared with several people. As I was travelling on my own I found it a bit awkward to sit and eat with total strangers, but other than that I was happy.

I returned to my room after dinner. The shower was amazing and the facilities were all great. I was left wondering how it was possible to keep the glass wall of the shower so immaculately clean. It's a credit to the cleaning staff who do an absolutely amazing job.

With the hotel being in such close proximity to the airport, I was left wondering if it would be really noisy but I'm surprised to say it was not at all. The bed was extremely comfortable and the stay at the Hilton made the experience of the delayed flight so much better. I felt well rested and ready to continue my journey.
Breakfast was also included, however I cannot comment on this as I opted for an extra hour in bed instead. I would recommend staying here if stopping in Amsterdam, especially great if you have a connecting flight leaving from Schiphol as it is such a convenient location.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Jolijn Z, General Manager at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us in the hotel while your flight was delayed. We love to read the stories of our guests.

It is nice to read that you left our hotel totally relaxed and fit for your fly-out.

Your recommendation is of high value, we look forward welcoming you back upon a future visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on a layover waiting for my last flight home after a month long trip for business and pleasure. I had to complete several business transactions overnight and the room was perfect to set up to get everything done without leaving the room. Internet connection was good enough for video calls and the in-room dining was excellent. The bed was very comfortable and there was little to no sound from airport traffic. In the morning, I had a great shower (love the overhead rain shower heads).

The only downside was the very long walk from the terminal to the hotel. I’m glad it was all indoors, but it was easily a 500m walk.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Jolijn Z, General Manager at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your great stay experience, we love to read the stories of our guests.

Your compliments will be shared with the teams and I look forward welcoming you back!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We always enjoy staying in this hotel. The facilities are very very good and we never have to ask for anything extra! The executive lounge is well worthwhile and I think the gym is perfectly adequate. We also like the small pool in the spa area which is a good place to relax.

Theres a lady working here called Lianna who is always extremely helpful, kind and hard-working and it's always nice to see her face!

It really is quite difficult to stay in the Hilton in central Amsterdam when a customer gets such good service at this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing stay experience, your compliments towards the Lounge and eforea Spa are gladly received and we will share this with the teams involved.

I look forward welcoming you back, kind regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I loved this location, Perfect for short trip, easy for Airport and train for Centraal Station, away from crowd, This hotel is very clean and good view of fields and planes landing n taxing. In Amsterdam most of the hotels have window views of back walls or windows only :(.
I recommend this proeprty for any new traveller as this is easy for Air trael and for Amsterdam trips.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your stay experience and for your recommendation, highly appreciated!

We look forward welcoming you back, kind regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2018

The hotel is brand new, and the building has an interesting design. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the service is good. Also very convenient location for day trips to Amsterdam as the train ride is less than 30 minutes to the city centre.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Milan,k

Thank you for sharing your 5 star experience with other travellers on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us in the hotel!

We look forward welcoming you back. Kind regards,