“Not great - but what do I know!!?”
Review of Le Krill

Le Krill
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in La Baleine
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Been in France a week and OK they hospitality trade sets its rules by how it wants to run its business. Fair enough! The Krill came recommended - its a beautiful building in a lovely area. Wednesday night a choice of 1 set menu (3course) with a choice of 2 starters, 4 mains and 3 desserts. We were 6 and tried it all. To be honest I thought it was average and as the menu was so limited I thought the food would be better. Pudds were tasty the rest underseasoned, overcooked and fairly tasteless.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

A hidden gem, friendly owners and good food in a relaxed surrounding, definitely one to add to your places to visit.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This is the second visit to Le Krill and once again we had a great meal. The staff are friendly and attentive, although I speak some French I’m not great yet that allowed me time to try. The food is first rate cooked on an open fire in full view. I was greedy and had 3 courses all of which tasted great, 4 of us visited and each had something different and all enjoyed tremendously. I also have to compliment the Rose which rates amongst the best I have ever tasted. The restaurant is owned by a young couple who I believe haven’t long purchased Le Krill, if this is correct I hope they do well because they really deserve to. If you are in the area a truly great place to eat.

1  Thank dean t
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We visited Thursday evening a we both had formulas - mine €29 and my wife’s €24. The good was fantastic, we both had three courses and ate everyone which left me feeling a little full at the end of the night. We also had s bottle of house Rose which was also fantastic, I would highly recommend this restaurant- the staff could not have been better / superb.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Great restaurant good food and great service. The new owners are very nice and i think its important for us to support them.

1  Thank Gary H