“Great little restaurant”
Review of Red onion

Red onion
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

The food here is delicious, the buffet provides a nice variety. The staff are super friendly. My favorite restaurant in Portage la Prairie!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

It’s a lovely setting. Not the most family friendly. Didn’t have an available high chair or booster seat when we went.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Had the lunch buffet. Many items to choose from including a few of my favorites- Tandoori chicken and butter chicken both of which were very tasty. Fresh naan bread was the best I've had! Also appreciated the friendly service.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

A really great addition to Portage la Prairie. Food is always excellent. Many options for vegetarians. We often do take out and always have leftovers for the next day. Pricing is very reasonable. Buffet available.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

As a fan of East India Company, Clay Oven, etc in Winnipeg, I had to stop in at Red Onion while on a work trip in P la P.
WOW, what a hidden gem!
We came in the early evening on a weekday, and the place was empty.
The server (owner) was friendly, pleasant, and attentive.
My coworker and I took a look at the buffet, and since it had all my favorites, I dived right in!
Navratan Korma, Butter Chicken, and Palak paneer are my faves, and they had all three, plus much more. Wondefully creamy and well-spiced, with no off-flavors. The spices were mild, but that just allowed the flavors to stand out even more!
I'd consider them even better than East India Company (which lately seems to have poor, bone-y cuts of meat in their butter chicken), and Clay Oven (which I swear has reduced their portion size in between my last two visits).

All in all, I'd HIGHLY recommend Red Onion. :)

1  Thank lookintomyeyes83