“Still the best”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Anyone who writes mediocre reviews about the Chalet clearly doesn't understand great food. It's still bar none the best food in Victoria. Cheers to Pierre!!

Brock Carbery

Date of visit: November 2020
Write a reviewReviews (320)

Reviewed 1 April 2021

My partner, a fine chef herself, and I were invited by clients of hers to experience the Chalet as their guests last Sunday.
This is my first experience in fine dining and I will say I was absolutely taken aback by my experience!
The service was beyond excellent! Our table wanted for nothing! The glasses were filled and and plates attended without notice. The choice of wines... mind blowing!
The star of the night easily though was the food!
Clams, mousse, beef Wellington, crepes suzette.... and whatever else went to the rest of the table... Incredible!
The finale to my night...
We had just stepped out to our waiting ride when I needed to step back inside quickly
When I did so the chef, Pierre I believe, was there having a cigar. Which he gladly offered me a draw!
Accepted!
Accepted and remembered as well as the incredible evening you and your staff gifted me❤️

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 22 February 2021

My family booked for a Sunday lunch and we were very impressed with the quality of food and the kind service we received. Firstly, Covid protocols are in place: hand sanitizer stations, tables are separated, waitstaff are masked. We had a lovely window seat overlooking Deep Cove and Cobble Hill area across the water. There's not a bad seat in the house in terms of water views. Service was professional: helpful but not intrusive.. (French) food was exquisite: we ordered a fixed 3 course meal that was delicious and fairly-priced at $50. Like any authentic French restaurant, you are not rushed out and meant to enjoy your meal and company. The chocolate cake melted in your mouth -- to die for! I recommend this place for celebrations as it is a splurge but well worth it. Reserve in advance.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank D K
Reviewed 20 November 2020

My wife and I adore going for dinner at the Chalet. We always have top level service from the staff. The wine list is expansive and they always have a treasure hidden in the cellar. The best food in Victoria. Love this property and its people. Don’t miss it

Reviewed 15 November 2020

Wonderful food and ambience but absolutely no sign of any care about Covid. Seems they are not willing to take any precautions to protect their staff or patrons. Arrogant disregard for the health of others means we wont bother to go again - would rather support businesses that take the covid situation seriously.

3  Thank JILLONTARIO3230