All reviews grocery store tim hortons stove top dumping buckets eggs full kitchen boston pizza pots and pans hot tub sausage waffle maker oatmeal towne place suites in town kids loved the pool styrofoam plates local beach
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We checked into this hotel for 1 night while visiting family in town. There was major attitude from Kate at the front desk at check in towards my wife. After we checked in and took our kids and dog for a walk she stopped us and told us about a Pet Fee of $100 which was not clear at all on their website when making booking or even when we checked in, she was not flexible at all and offered to check for us other spots in the area, wait, what?? We asked to talk to a Manager on duty and she called but said he is on vacation and not willing to take any calls. Horrible customer service and these people should certainly not be customer facing. We are very disappointed and can not believe this type of treatment. No choice but to stay here for 1 night since other hotels are booked up. If we knew about this $100 per few we would have certainly not stayed here, talk about a rip off.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Elazarovich
adxms_v, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Kincardine, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Elazarovich,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave your valuable feedback.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy stay with us due to the fact that you were not informed of our pet charge.

Due to the very fact that some guests do not completely research the property they stay in, we are required to mention all additional charges on our website. We also run into situations where guests like to check in first and bring their pets in after in which case the Front Office does not get a chance to explain our charges.
As a travel agent, I am sure you must have come across this situation earlier as well dealing with your clients.
To make sure our other guests are aware, I would like to use this opportunity to link the exact location of this information:[https://www.marriott.com/hotels/fact-sheet/travel/ykdts-towneplace-suites-kincardine/]. This information is also available on other Third Party websites that make reservations at our hotel.

After hearing about your issue our Front Office Associate offered to waive the charges for cancellation if you would have liked to move to another nearby property (who were far from booked up) which you mentioned you were not keen on.

I am sorry that you will not be staying with us again in the future but I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Kincardine.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

I guess this is the newest hotel in the town of Kincardine, Ontario, I was expecting very fresh looking suites but I guess I was wrong. The suite I stayed in, did not have fresh look from any angle. Carpet was dirty, sofa looked very old. Shower doors were jammed because door rail was too dirty with soap scum and rusty looking stuff. Bed Headboard had too much dust and lint on it. Within last 4 weeks this is the second Marriot property I have stayed in and surprisingly both properties have same housekeeping issues.
The room was very well furnished though. There was ample furniture for you to use and kitchenette was well equipped. Though I did not use any appliances in the kitchenette. Breakfast served in the lobby was OK .

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Vimal-CA
adxms_v, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Kincardine, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Vimal-CA,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your honest feedback.
I will share your feedback with my team in an effort to improve some of the areas you mentioned. We hope to better your experience the next time you are in Kincardine.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 8 September 2018

We stayed one night and were very impressed by the accommodations and the staff. We were warmly treated upon arrival after doing check in with the app and upgraded to a suite. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was super comfortable. The kitchenette had everything one would need, however we had planned to go out for dinner. The pool was very nice and the fitness room was good with a tv to watch during your workout. Close driving distance to the beach. A stone’s throw to Tim Hortons and a Sobeys. Walking distance (40 mins) to downtown to go for dinner or shopping. The breakfast had everything one could ask for, from having a waffle maker, eggs, bagels, sausage, oatmeal,various cereals, milk, juices, some fruit and coffee and tea of course! We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
adxms_v, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Kincardine, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear Ray S,

Thank you for your review on your most recent stay! We appreciate the nice comments and look forward to having you stay again should your travels bring you back to Kincardine.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

I've been staying at this hotel since it opened. My teammates and I were excited watching this property being built and couldn't wait until it opened. When it did everything was brand spanking new, clean, all with that 'new hotel smell.' Fast forward to 2018.

Kitchens - They brought in the cheapest utensils, knives, pots and pans. Scrub sponges are no longer provided. You're provided with one dishwasher tablet that unless you know better you must pull the plastic off it to use (it looks like the kind that dissolves). On more than one occasion I've pulled out a pot or pan that has old food encrusted on it. What's worse is this tells you either housekeeping isn't looking or doesn't care. Already, the drawers are falling apart with draw handles coming off in your hand. My coffee maker didn't work one morning. On my way out to work I stopped by to mention it. "Oh we're sorry we'll take care of it." Nothing.... next morning, same coffeemaker with the same water and coffee as the day before!

Bath - They need to really step up the cleaning. I arrived this week to find a pile of rags tucked away behind the shower curtain. I went barefoot in my room only to see when I got in the shower just how black my feet got from walking around the room.

Housekeeping is inconsistent, appears to be lazy, and takes every shortcut.

TV - while they have the latest in TV, Cable, and internet the system is weird. You can be watching CNN then without warning the signal changes and now you're watching Religious broadcasting. When I double check the TV was on the CNN channel. Crazy eh?

It's unfortunate but this is a hotel that's being run down fast. I have to continue to stay there because of the limited number of hotels in the region. But they really need to step it up!

Room tip: book in advance! this hotel is used by many companies working in the area. They're often sold out in advance.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear FtLaudDiner,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. I apologize for the experience that you encountered with us. Our staff takes pride in their work and I am sorry to hear that you did not see this. I have made sure that all departments involved with your concerns understand how this is not something that we can have moving forward.

If there is anything else that we can assist with or you would like to discuss please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Towneplace suites in Kincardine and had a great stay. Towneplace suites is a relatively new hotel with clean large spacious rooms. The bed was very comfortable. The room had a kitchenette with fridge, hotplate dishwasher, microwave and dishes. The hotel also has a bbq for guest use. There is a grocery store across the street which was an added bonus. The hotel has a pool but we didnt use it. The hotel was very quiet even though it was very busy. Breakfast is included which was good. Staff was friendly and helpful. Highly recommend as we had a great stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi bigdoubled71,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and are happy you enjoyed your time. Have a wonderful day!