All reviews boston pizza pancakes pool and hot tub front desk sausage pancake machine tim hortons room was spacious king suite breakfast hours on duty would highly recommend this hotel late check my dad shoppers drug mart very nice hotel good size
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Last year my boyfriend and I stayed at the Best Western, this year we decided to check out the other two big named hotels.
A great price for a King Suite AND bringing our doggy at Holiday Inn so we decided to book.
We were pleasantly surprised from the moment we pulled into the drive!
CLEAN was the first thing I noticed. The landscaping was all clean, no garbage or cig butts - a big win for me!
The front desk was friendly and fast, got us into our room within 5 minutes. Now the room: very clean, AC already set along with a kitchenette and separate king bedroom. We felt so spoiled! With our past experience, bringing a dog usually means staying in a dark and dingy 2 double bed room but not here!
Breakfast was the kicker. Free hot breakfast and let me tell you, the best hot breakfast I have seen!
Everything from western omelettes, multiple meats to choose from, pancakes, bagels, the list goes on!
Thank you Holiday Inn for a truly comfortable stay.
We will definitely be staying here again next year!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Only a one night stay at the HIE in Kincardine but we wish it had been longer as we had a great stay. Everyone on staff was so nice and friendly. As soon as you entered the hotel, you were greeted with beaming smiles. Great for the family as they have a nice little pool and a Boston Pizza just steps away. Room was clean and well maintained. Breakfast was standard HIE fare but hot and fresh. All in all...a perfect stay. Thank you to everyone at the HIE Kincardine!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Karen P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kincardine, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you as well for your wonderful remarks about your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and I will most certainly share your review with the entire staff.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

We had a real bad experience here. Nice people that I think really want to try, but the overall cleanliness of the property is suffering. The attention to detail is wanting. One of the first things that is a great indicator of the overall cleanliness of a hotel is if there are smudge marks on the door and a dirty carpet on the elevators. This establishment failed on both. The hallway on our floor was the same. You could see the dust in all the hard to get at places in our room. We received an upgrade and it was a nice room - just old and tired. We stayed 2 nights and after the first night I pointed out the issues with the assistant manager ( I mentioned I wanted to give them a chance before I wrote on Trip Advisor) after the first night but the carpets were the same. We stayed at over 12 properties on this trip including 3 other HIX properties 2 Fairfields and 3 Best Westerns and this was the worst experience. Not what the IHG brand promises with a HIX. This hotel needs an infusion of capital and stricter cleaning standards - otherwise it will soon become one of those budget brands. Also one of the most expensive properties we stayed at, but I appreciate there is a location premium. You can likely do better elsewhere

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NSTraveller493
Karen P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kincardine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Express KINCARDINE - DOWNTOWN.

As indicated in my previous correspondence I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Needed a place to stay last minute in Kincardine and was fortunate to find a pet friendly option with Holiday Inn express. Room was good and very clean and the breakfast bar was bustling in the morning but always restocked even with a holiday weekend crowd in attendance. Pool and fitness facilities were also very good. Would highly recommend this as a great option and home to some kind and helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Karen P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kincardine, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.We know how much a part of a family your pets can be and are pleased to be able to offer accommodations that welcome them as well.

Your positive comments about your stay are very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to Kincardine.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

This is our second time staying here, the last time was about three years ago. My son asked to go here for his birthday. We love Kincardine, the beaches are beautiful and they town seems so quaint. The hotel was clean and the room was as well. We got the Queen deluxe with is two rooms, which makes it feel more like home than a motel room. This time we went it seemed a lot more busier. My children love the swimming pool and it was very busy the three times we went in. We didn't bother going the following morning as the pool was busy again. The last time we went I think we lucked out as we had the pool to ourselves. The only down fall was breakfast buffet. Again it was busy and the set up was very strange so everyone was reaching into everyones space, it didn't seem like a smooth line as the toasters were in the centre. Other that that is was a perfect stay!

Room Tip: Get the Queen Deluxe if you have a family with kids, it offers two rooms to make it more roomy.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family