“Tasty Lunch”

The Tartan Tusk Pub and Eatery
Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Kincardine
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

My family just visited the Tartan Tusk for the first time. We weren’t sure what to expect but we left vowing to return. Everyone in our group enjoyed their meal (chicken shawarma, muffuletta, falafels). The frites were excellent!
The service was friendly although a little slow.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

A very new start-up, in a good location which will improve immensely when the outdoor patio is open. Staff was very friendly & helpful, menu was interesting and Bar menu good. The waiter arranged slight change in halibut serving to suit a nervous tummy but on arrival the amount of fish was very minimal. The Tusk burger was ordered well done and what turned up was a hard black ball, rare in the middle. The patty needs to be flattened more to cook properly and to make the burger thin enough to eat. Everything tasted very good and look for this to improve with age. Will try again!

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

It was good food, but expensive for what it was. I had the lamb shepherds pie and it had 4 small pieces of meat in it. Mentioned this to the wait staff and nothing happened. Very noisy as well. Doubt if I will return. Rated as Poor because of the value for money aspect.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Very friendly atmosphere. The food offerings are exquisite and delightful. I always look forward to my weekly visit. Try it, you'll like it.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

It was so noisy we had trouble hearing our conversation. The tinny music playing didn’t help... turn it off. The menu is interesting and the food was very tasty. Unfortunately the soup was not hot and the portion very small... but delicious. My burger was pink in the middle.... I had asked for it medium. They cooked it longer but burned the bun and by the time I got it everyone else had finished. It was very good though.
I will wait until the patio is open before I return so it won’t be so noisy.