Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$233
Falcon Crest Lodge
Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE(Dead Man's Flats)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
1,044 results
All reviewsstory water slideroad sidetrain linepassing trainsroom facingtrain noiselight sleeperfridge and microwavehotel guestsbreakfast roomdecent hotelroom was clean and comfortablehot breakfastup to dateyogurtcoffee makerlong weekend
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Stayed one night as a short get away from Calgary, good hotel, staff was excellent, kids enjoyed the pool area well done. Breakfast was awesome well worth the extra charge. Rooms adequate and clean found the bathroom a bit tight but then its only for a day.

Heads up avoid the restaurant on site, bad service very rude management and service. Seven of us went for dinner the manager was extreemly rude and refused to allow our 5 & 9 year old to bring in their have bottles of coke into the restaurant, insisting they had to throw them out prior to being seated.

Other than this encounter the htel stay was well worth it.

Room Tip: 2 queen bed - trail view
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank O_ZAirdrie
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I had major problems with this hotel. I booked 3 nights using Wyndham on two of the nights. First off, I was overcharged on one of the nights where I used partial points to pay for the room. I eventually got this straightened out between calling Wyndham and the manager. Why did I have to waste my time to do this when they should have got this right in the first place. The other issue is the money grab on a destination marketing fee. This is completely voluntary by the customer! I have ask to have this removed from the bill but the manager has refused saying that it is voluntary for the hotel and NOT the customer. I have research this online and am currently in contact with the ministry of culture and tourism of Albert to get this fee removed. You do lot have to pay this fee and it can add up to a fair bit of money.

The hotel was dated but clean and quiet. The hot tub by the pool had a water slide above it and leaked badly into the area above the hot tub. Not a great way to relax after a good day of down hill skiing. Lots of kids running around and screaming but the hotel annoy control this so not their fault. I guess you could say kid friendly hotel.

If you stay in the hotel you get a coupon for a 6.99 breakfast. Usually include red with hotels like this but at least it was a decent breakfast with eggs, bacon, cereal, juices and fresh fruits.

Will not stay again because of my issues with the billing.

There is a restaurant called red rock pizza that delivers. Awesome pizza and great price. Definitely a must if staying in Canmore. We ate at other places and were disappointed with the quality of the food however this place was amazing

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
BesthotelinCanmore1, Manager at Canmore Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

I am sorry your stay was not satisfactory. The dates that you originally booked online were not the same as your actual dates. Even though it was a long weekend, we happily shuffled things around so that we could accommodate your early arrival and have you stay with us for three nights instead of the original two. At check in, we honored the rate for the two nights you had originally booked and it was just for the additional night that the rate was the standard long weekend rate.

In regards to the Destination Marketing Fee, you are correct, it is a voluntary fee charged at the discretion of the business owner. That does not mean it is voluntary for the guest. From the Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association, “Guests who want to know whether their hotel charges a Destination Marketing Fee should confirm this at the time of reservation and/or upon check in.”

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

First impression was great. Hotel hallways up to date and our room. However, closer look and we were disgusted. We found a blood stained comforter in one of the beds. It’s not just one spot! It was everywhere in the comforter. We checked the rest of the bed and it was clean - thank god! Then, afterwards we saw another blood stain on the bathroom floor. We called the front desk and they quickly replaced the comforter and the bathroom floor. My son and my wife won’t sleep in the bed so I was the lucky one to sleep on it. The hotel gave us free breakfast for the next day which I think they should have moved us to a different room. The breakfast was not bad came with bacon, sausage and eggs. The rests are continental. My son loved the pool and slide. Would we stay here again? Probably not unless they get a better meticulous housekeeper. It’s too bad that we forgot to take a picture of the bloody mess.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jrestar
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Our family of 5 stayed here 3 nights after our Ski Trip in Fairmont Hot Springs. Tripadvisor ranked it high as a "Best Value" location and I had seen the pictures of the "3-story water slide." Since my kids love swimming, the pre-ski hotel pool was underwhelming, and the price was reasonable (budget/mid range), we decided to give it a try.

One word: TRAINS. I almost rated it a 3 - and for some it may be worse, but, overall I think it worked out.

Raves:
Three. Story. Water Slide. (kids, big and small, loved this)
Breakfast (on premises) was 1/2 price for guests ($3-$7pp) (Weekend/Peak: Hot Buffet, Weekday/Non-Peak: limited menu)
Business/Rec room had 2 computers the kids could play on (or print boarding passes)
Good Customer Service, including Resolutions to certain Peeves below
Walking distance to shops (10 min or so)

Peeves:
The room was smaller or laid out differently than our pre-ski stay. It was advertised as adequate for 5, but I must not have noticed that the original booking was for 2 Double Beds. [RAVE: upgraded to 2 Queen Beds!] But, needed Cot for the teenager - at $15/day. [RAVE: the cot was ultimately provided at no charge] And the cot when opened made walking around in the room difficult.

Note to self - "Railside" means Train! As in freight train... at all hours... whistle, metal screeching, track noise... This could have been a disaster. I sleep heavy, but my wife is a light sleeper and a bear when awoken. We got to bed late so we didn't think much of the 11pm or so train - but *I* awoke to a train on the first night at 2:15AM (or the accompanying heavy bear sighs) followed by two more trains around 2:30 and 2:45, and 3:00AM. Two. More. Nights. To. Go. I believe I recall a couple of 4 or 5 AM trains which made it a bit difficult to go back to sleep - certainly if you have to be up early. Lady at the front desk on check-out - "Ask for "trail side" next time."

The Pool/Slide/Hot Tub area was VERY popular while we were there (Generally 8-10pm). Guests were not generally rude, but many were very loose in their observation of the rules (teens/young adults). Can not see from the top of the slide to the bottom - so no way to know if the previous person is out of the way (assuming you weren't, ahem, "trying" to land on them at the bottom). Hot tub was small and packed, so didn't even bother.

Overall, would definitely try it again (especially for the Water Slide), but would try the Trail Side out for a more peaceful slumber!

Room Tip: Railside, means freight train, at all hours... Pick "Trail Side" if possible
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank chrisanaya
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and probably wouldn’t go back. The rooms are quite dated and everything looks worn (including the towels). The front desk people did their job but weren’t very friendly. A fire alarm went off during the night, so we all had to evacuate.. which is understandable however it was chaotic and there was no explanation about what had happened or that it was a false alarm. In the morning no one mentioned what had happened or apologized for the inconvenience.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
BesthotelinCanmore1, Manager at Canmore Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

I am very sorry that your stay was unsatisfactory. We are currently in the process of updating our rooms for our guests' future enjoyment. I will make sure our Housekeeping department is aware of the towel situation that you encountered. In regards to the fire alarm, I am sorry about the lack of communication. We determined that someone was illicitly smoking in the stairwell and that had set off the alarm.