“Heartwarming little place on a cool night...”

Bravo Cucina Ristorante
Ranked #39 of 413 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I return to North Van sorta frequently, as it's my other home. So trying to have a nice meal out with my sister, who lives close by, was important to me on a cool drizzly evening. We made reservations, very fortunately, and so were seated at a window seat where the grey of Lower Lonsdale was on view.

The evening was more than saved by the wonderful cuisine, the very solid service, and the recommendations for a suitable wine.We were bolstered by the warmth, the reminiscences and the excellent Italian seafood and pasta dishes we enjoyed. For once, a restaurant that doesn't drown the patrons and the entire evening in excessive background noise!!

I hope to return as often as I return to North Van...at any time of year or weather!

1  Thank lakeoffhewoods

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Four of us went to Bravo Cucina for dinner. We've been going there for many years, and as usual the food was excellent, as was the service. My last review mentioned a drop-off, but on this visit, it was back to normal. We ordered three caesar salads and a beet salad. As usual the caesars are very tasty, but they are smaller, and at $12 are very overpriced.We ordered three different pastas and a prawns and scallops in cream sauce. Again, all were excellent, and this time more sizable portions. Add three desserts to that plus a cider and only a caraf of wine and the bill with tip came to $260.
It would have been over $300 if we had been drinking a normal amount. Though excellent, that is moving out of my price range

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

This is the place to go on a cold evening with friends. Great atmosphere for relaxing with good wine and tasty food. The service is good, although don’t be in a hurry here, enjoy the experience. We had Caesar salad, Veal Marsala, good gluten free pasta with Shrimp, washed down with a very good Australian Shiraz. We have been here many times over the years and the quality of both food and service is always consistently very good.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Have often eaten at Bravo Cucina, but the last few times both my husband and I have suffered terrible indigestion. I will not eat there again.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Two recent visits to this long time Italian restaurant on mid-Lonsdale did not disappoint.
The evening meal enjoyed during the Christmas season was when the restaurant was full of happy diners. Although the waiters were quite rushed, they were still attentive with food & wine recommendations, service was prompt and the cuisine delicious.
Lunch has a different atmosphere...quite subdued, with many people meeting clients & having business discussions. Again, the service was attentive, but more relaxed, with the waiters able to take a little more time to converse. Both experiences were enjoyable and the food consistently good. I find this a great go to place when you are in the mood for a taste of Italy.